Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the topic of G6, Optimization and the Server Chugging to a Halt
(06-30-2024, 05:51 PM)Trexmaster Wrote: While we can only speculate about server performance without having our hands on the profiler Dev uses it's worth considering how to improve performance after so long of every single event notably impacting the entire server.

For contests/black beast events (as the op stated) I believe those could be changed to instead be manually started by players on G6, and have a cooldown equivalent to however long it would be normally (it's roughly 3hrs/24 in game hours iirc). That way if no one is on G6 the events will never start.

The same could be done for dungeon generation on G6. If no Sigrogana players are online it could simply skip anything pertaining to G6 dungeons if it isn't the first check post reboot (so that there isn't absolutely nothing after a reboot).

Though the biggest culprit is likely just how event tools are handled by the server. All we can really do is leave it to the EMs to provide feedback from their observations in using the tools to help optimize their performance.

While I am unwilling to hedge my bets on anything purely speculative or anecdotal, Trex mirrors my thoughts on how optimization on that end would be best tackled. As you don't want to take away features from that part of the game either, it'd be kind of like kicking someone while they're down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Sawrock

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the topic of G6, Optimization and the Server Chugging to a Halt - by Autumn - 06-30-2024, 08:55 PM