Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
In Regard To The Recent Announcement
I want to make this clear. This isn't an attempt to make the staff reconsider their decision on the topic.

What I really want is accountability, clarity, and, in my opinion, less hypocrisy regarding the details of the announcement. I'll simply point out what I personally see wrong while keeping it objective. It's the reader's initiative to agree or disagree with me in the replies. Which I do want. After all, I simply want a discussion rather than an accusation that gets no one anywhere in this context.

I'll start with the obvious. What does 'Criticism of women' even entail? It's a sexist statement on its own without context, and it doesn't have any context. It's a completely nonsensical topic to mute someone over. Why can't someone criticize women? Why doesn't it say person instead? I have no idea what this even means.

A rule without clarification is automatically bad, even if it has morally upright intentions. This rule, which it is since the Staff will be muting people over this, shouldn't even be here if we look at this from another angle.

Dev himself has stated he doesn't want any non-in-game politics in the discord. Which is very fine and completely his choice. But I feel this announcement, in my opinion, completely wrecks the neutrality of the server due to its one-sided policy. While I don't like implying basic acceptance and etc are political, at the end of the day, they still are considered political to many people. But, seriously, you guys could've just stated, 'Any political jokes will be penalized with mutes', and it would've made a less questionable ruling and got the results you wanted. 

But let's talk about the standard itself now. 

The announcement is lacking and seemingly had no thought put into it. It doesn't even specify the severity of the mutes or the other measures they plan to enact. It doesn't even make the Staff accountable for any of their mutes, too. There's an Eventmin log and a public GM ban log. Why are there no details accounting for that? Why can Staff members just mute whoever without it being logged publicly? I assume this is the case because the announcement didn't even detail logging these mutes and punishments publicly for the community to see. Why is there no implied consistency here despite previous statements of such?

Overall, I find this announcement concerning due to its lack of anything of substance. It's basically just telling everyone they can mute anyone who makes political and potentially offensive humor and do more. That's it. That's the barebones skeleton of this post, it's literally just that if we take away the moral posturing it offers.

Messages In This Thread
In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Snowman - 07-21-2024, 07:45 AM
RE: In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Paa - 07-21-2024, 11:27 AM