Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
In Regard To The Recent Announcement
Homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, racism, ableism, and all of the other -isms and hate of any kind don't deserve a platform.

I started typing out how I understand that GMs might start using this to punish something, but found that I couldn't reasonably finish that sentence in a way that made sense. Punishing edgy jokes? Punishing . . . Things you probably shouldn't be saying in a public forum? I think people (myself included, at times) get too comfortable saying things online that they never would in person, forgetting that there are other humans behind the screen. Not to mention that historically, the team has been overly lax in enforcing the rules, and players tend not to report whenever they're the victim of said behavior. People tend to get away with bad behavior for months until resentment builds, explodes, and sets the player-base on fire.

What I'm really wondering is what prompted the announcement in the first place. I know I'm terrible at keeping up with the goings-on of the community and I get a nice little shock at just how bad things can get every time #gm-ban-log lights up, but was there really rampant hate speech while I wasn't looking?
[-] The following 2 users Like MegaBlues's post:
  • Balor, KhalidtheGrey

Messages In This Thread
In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Snowman - 07-21-2024, 07:45 AM
RE: In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by MegaBlues - 07-21-2024, 10:24 AM
RE: In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Paa - 07-21-2024, 11:27 AM