Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
In Regard To The Recent Announcement
Best I can tell, the intent of this thread seems to be aimed at making the announcement more 'proper'. Responsible wording is a good habit with edicts. Pretty sure no one here is in favor of actual hate that's actually going on.  I'd like to think so at least.

While the original post may be somewhat rough (hardly a shocker, given we're not doing this professionally), these attacks and malicious assumptions aren't helping either, and the original announcement reads more like a new rule rather than a reminder of existing rules and expectations.

As a stab at a more refined take, let me put my PR hat on...

"In light of the content of some of the humor lately proving to be distasteful to a number of our community members, we would like to remind everyone to please be respectful of one another and try to be mindful of the sort of humor you're using. Jokes at the expense of a demographic aren't welcome here, whether malicious or not, as it's too easy for that sort of thing to be uncomfortable for those not directly involved, which is many people."

Is something like that more agreeable of a design? I think it's the same sentiment as the original announcement.

Messages In This Thread
In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Snowman - 07-21-2024, 07:45 AM
RE: In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by KhalidtheGrey - 07-21-2024, 10:33 AM
RE: In Regard To The Recent Announcement - by Paa - 07-21-2024, 11:27 AM