Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara's content, what'cha think?
PvP wars can't occur naturally; they need to be hard managed like events. The heated nature of this conflict should be minimized and closely monitored to ensure fairness. Most importantly, these conflicts should always end in a stalemate, where both sides win and neither loses, to maintain balance and agreement.

Alternatively, there could be an external threat, like forces from islands beyond Korvara attempting to conquer the mainland. However, this idea was vetoed by the GM team, and Dev can provide more details on the reasons, which he has already discussed. Dev prefers to leave 'content' creation more in the hands of players than his staff. Still, something I'd agree with. Things to unite the entirety of Korvara against a common threat would be more appreciated than not.

But beyond this, what are your thoughts on other elements that could help set a strong theme beyond wars?

I believe each nation should have distinct characteristics that set them apart from one another. They should have unique quirks, but lately, it feels like Korvara only needs three active places: Telegrad, Meiaquar, and Vale. The other locations seem neglected in terms of event activity or even general activity. In my view, this is because it's challenging to create diverse events for these places due to their inflexibility or the risk of breaking the "spirit" of the location. For instance, if Geladyne had sea Behemoths, it would clash with the themes of Meiaquar and Duyuei, which already have a strong connection to that concept. Similarly, if Meiaquar went to war with Telegrad, it would detract from what might be more appropriate for Duyuei or Geladyne.

You see what I mean.

My approach, as an Event Manager, is to avoid further homogenizing content between the four nations. I want to differentiate them so that players from each nation have reasons to interact with others, rather than everyone gathering in one place where all of Korvara's content is concentrated, and no one pays attention to what happens beyond their own borders.

Based on the places I asked for in the OP, what are some good suggestions for each of these places? Or is there something you'd like to discuss more privately to avoid spoiling it for others? Perhaps you have a long-term project that you’ve struggled to implement but that would perfectly fit the narrative of a specific nation?

The stage is yours to share your thoughts.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-08-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-10-2024, 10:46 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Balor - 08-11-2024, 08:58 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Druby - 08-12-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 07:00 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-13-2024, 02:32 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Mewni - 08-13-2024, 02:56 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Tana - 08-14-2024, 08:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-14-2024, 04:19 PM