Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara's content, what'cha think?
(08-12-2024, 04:45 AM)Neus Wrote: While adding areas like Law's End that offer a different experience than the existing nations is a potentially good idea, doing so under the motivation of creating spaces where 'things really matter here, and you can do everything people would whine about elsewhere' is not. First of all, let's be real - people are still going to complain.

Second, and more importantly, creating isolated areas with wildly different OOC expectations is harmful to the RP environment, because it makes it less immersive, among other reasons.
Looks at Korvara.
Looks at Sigrogana.
Looks back at Korvara.

Sorry for the Jab Devmunch, I just couldnt help myself. Rest assured that I say this with love, and mean no ill will. <3
(08-12-2024, 06:29 AM)Druby Wrote: I think a very major part of people's annoyance with consequence driven conflict, at least on this large a scale where it affects nations... Is just that there's no "opt out" button. If someone just wants to be a bar keep in Meiaquar or something, and has done so with the intent on never touching serious conflict or wanting to be involved, and suddenly finds out that their nation is at war, and now everything is practically revolving around it for the next few months at least, with possible serious RP changing consequences that they kind of have no way of impacting themselves? I can get being upset, yea.

If conflict and war are going to be an integral part of Korvara, one that is allowed and even expected to happen... That needs to be properly advertised, and people need to know what they're getting into.
It WAS advertised from the very beginning, y'all munchers are just allergic to reading, invest that talent point damnit!

[Image: geb3rbZ.png]

[Image: LJ3JJE4.png]
Korvara was always a high stakes total drama island, that's what it was always suppose to be; higher stakes than Sigrogana.

Personally I've never liked how the leadership slots/national guilds worked, and many a people have voiced their opinions on them over the years.
honest to munch, if I had my way, Meiaquar would have had an incredibly weak/non-existent central government, and just be a bunch of loosely allied families/factions all pushing for their agenda or trying to get a slice of the pie; This style of Roleplay should have been encouraged and fostered from the very start.

Just look at this banger lore:
[Image: Ua0MdX5.png]

Where is this Meiaquar? Has this Meiaquar ever existed in anything but as a Backstory?
We should be having non-stop crime families all diplomunching eachother in backstabber city, the only thing that could temporarily unite the city should have been external threats or incredibly powerful individuals who could bend the city to it's knees.
Instead we settle for robots and pirates? (Not throwing shade, I genuinely love them <3. But as somebody who's really into Yakuza and has RPed a Yakuza Clan in Oniga for 4 years now; it's clear what my heart yearned for.)

If you want more content, just make each nation's City/Capital the size of Cellsvich's main map and watch what happens with all of the new realestate that we can munch about and play with.

Edit, Addendum:
Quote:Poruku
"I mean hell... What about the black beast raids? That was fun. Wouldn't it already be a huge boon to have timed automatic events like that in the game? Back in G6, many people latched onto the black beast stuff for rp, made militias and whole guilds around it, etc. You could have something like that in Korvara, you could even have one for every level 80 area. Lava lake eruption, Snow Forest winter spirit that threatens to advance the cold, haunted forest necromancer boss, and a small behemoth in the canyon. If we had these things happen regularly there would be something for people to do, a reason for people to band together ICly. I think the boss rematches are really cool, but the big issue with them is that they don't feel IC. It feels like something you do without a real purpose in character, so there's no reason to roleplay about it.

Anyway, that's my two cents on this"
This, 100% this.

Make a Fishing Contest in Meiaquar. (Don't add the diving helmet or you will crash the murai economy)
Make a Farming Festival in Telegrad.
Make the Snakemen automatically siege the walls.
Make goblins stalk the outskirts of the caverns at night.

Hell, have it where bosses in dungeons don't disappear after a set period. Instead have them spawning cause changes to the dungeon and potentially outside of it, the longer that the boss is alive, the more changes to the game's world their should be.

And you will get amazing roleplay, im not munching kidding, do it.
If the Land of Korvara is 100% player driven then just remove all dungeons and badlands, as they will never threaten the players.
Stop making snakemen Duyuei's bish and start having them attack the wall similar to how Black Beasts raids are done.

Suddenly Dev has carte blanche to punish us if we fail, BAM content update.
Dont worry, if we screw up too hard we got mama Nemalyth to protecc the land from us being too incompetent.
Munch
[-] The following 2 users Like Skimmy2's post:
  • Shujin, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-08-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-10-2024, 10:46 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Balor - 08-11-2024, 08:58 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Druby - 08-12-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 07:00 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-13-2024, 02:32 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Mewni - 08-13-2024, 02:56 AM