Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara's content, what'cha think?
Meiaquar could benefit from the Atlantis expansion or additional connecting islands, especially if most of the map remains largely sea. Korvara, while rich in potential, feels small in scale—like how Tura's Unwritten nomads can be fully explored in just over a month. To sustain the game's lifespan, adding new places to explore might be more beneficial than further refining existing ones. I believe Korvara hasn’t reached its full potential yet, and I hope the idea of expanding it doesn't get shelved.

While future neutral zones might spark complaints or out-of-character conflicts, it’s better to address those as they arise and focus on getting things done instead. The game's diverse perspectives can only be unified through Moderator-driven lore; certain core elements can't be left entirely to players, as it risks creating what I like to call "too many chefs" chaos, and reducing overall enjoyment.

Ideally speaking, each nation could use the old approach of "The Good (Lawful), The Bad (Lawless) and the Ugly (Neutral)". Where most of the Lawless places would require a full party to explore, and traversing through a zone of LV100 enemies, perhaps through small expansions of specific dungeons. Such as Telegrad's Lake, leading further deep into its forests and eventually to the Great Witch's abode, or its entrance at least.

Further examples:

Geladyne
- The main city and its surroundings are all Lawful.
- Wanderer's Vale could be considered the Neutral. (Though RP has been making it more and more an independent place, so I'm unsure of that anymore.)
- Deeper into the Lava Lake, it leads to another dungeon full of high level mobs and a blockade that requires you to go through a gauntlet of some sort. Winning that, grants you access to the Lawless zone of Geladyne, some underground forgotten city.

Telegrad
- Sharis Forest could be the Neutral. (Though as expected, scrutiny of Telegradian law has long absorbed it, so you'd find it hard to have 'neutral' things happening there if the entirety of the city will appear to snoop. Especially with those flares and stuff.)
- Deeper into the Halard Lake leading to another map, same idea, LV100 mobs and such. End by the gates of the Great Witch's Manor Grounds or something. Where there is a settlement a few away from the unpassable entrance of the main gates.

Duyuei
- Duyuei does not have a Neutral ground. It should have the Weald (with The Hunting Grounds included, which is a settlement in it, sort of like how Sharis Forest works, but for Duyuei, and more unga bunga). Ideally, the Hunting Grounds would serve as a connection between Duyuein and Telegradian hunters, and other miscreants seeking for a thrill.
- Deeper into the Wastes or Worsong Canyon, the fabled Law's Endn't, named something like "Unwritten Springs" or whatever. The Lawless place where the only rule is to be polite.

Meiaquar
- Fairview was intended to be its Neutral grounds, RP happened. But Meiaquar also has the Ice Tundra island which serves the role. And soon it will also have the Slums.
- I am unsure of how the access would work, but there's plenty of ideas of what it could get. Underwater Atlantis city, or some off-shore island plagued with natural disasters, like Eureka. Same idea.

All of the Lawless Zones should have monsters spawning in them, similar to the Neutral zones. Even inside the settlements. This is because so we as Eventmins can make "raids" happen from time to time, to keep people in their toes on boring days. Or hell, make these have their own raids, we got the system in with Seto, no? I think I miss that a lot from the mainland and wish Korvara would have those sorts of pass-times in its Lawless zones. (Shark Attack in underwater Atlantis! Snakeman Raid in Wastes City! Burrowing critters and goblins in the underground city! Pandemonioum of the Great Witch on the Telegradian settlement!)

These new locations would serve to fill in the alignment gaps required to expand a little more people's narratives between Law, Neutral, Chaos. Each connected by at least two maps to Korvara's main diamond, providing challenging environments for action-loving players while allowing the more lax players to enjoy the safer main setting where things are all consensual and pro-stalemate rule protected.

Sort of doubling like an endgame goal, if ya' get me. It's not purely about villains and heroes, it's more about where your interests align. Chaotic people don't have a place to be in Korvara, because they're prosecuted quite fast by the overbearing amount of Lawful ones. So the only option, as is, is to "suck up" and be Neutral at best. Or do your Chaos in very tight and organized situations that you can get away with it, after handshaking and passing on a few dollar bills under the wraps. It's at least what I think that hurts the 'flowing river' idea. But I ain't slick, just sharing my opinions and ideas.

and you all keep dereiling me thred, i kil you!!! (It's fine, I like this direction it's taking. I just hope the info here gets used for something ultimately.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-08-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-10-2024, 10:46 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Balor - 08-11-2024, 08:58 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Druby - 08-12-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 07:00 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-13-2024, 02:32 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Mewni - 08-13-2024, 02:56 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Tana - 08-14-2024, 08:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-14-2024, 04:19 PM