Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara's content, what'cha think?
I have a question. It is not that I want this, but more that I am just inquiring if it's possible: Can a nation take over another one entirely? Not in the lore, but in the "current times". I'm also not asking if it's possible from a logistical standpoint, but more of if it's even a thing that could ever happen in the first place, or if it would get shot down. Whether as a vassal state or integrating another territory as alternative cities, I do think the possibility is interesting and would definitely make Kcorvara roleplay seem less rigid. And I'm not saying we should throw out player's work into their nations; if, for example, Telegrad took over Geladyne (with cowboys descending on the walls like those weird bug things from Valley of the Wind), then Geladyne's leadership could, for example, still rule, just being subservient to their barbeque-obsessed Telegradian overlords.

If it's not possible, that does create a weird failstate for the world. People are able to create "nations", or at the very least, nationstates. With the creation of Wanderer's Vale and Fairview, people are eager to make their own communities. Which is great! It's amazing that people are able to have their decisions and work be used in this roleplaying environment and create something that is concretely creative and beneficial to the community. But it does cause the unique problem of "first come, first serve"- there's only so much world. If who got here first are allowed to make these nationstates, but then there's no more room for adjustment afterwards, the whole flexibility of Kcorvara- of allowing players to partake in motions that change the world- is crippled. You've built a jenga tower, but you can't allow it to collapse. Specifically, the failstate is that once the world is filled with set pieces of political lore that is unable to be changed, then at a certain point of volume/complexity the world will become stagnant.

Once again, it is not that I myself want a nation to be able to take over another nation entirely through war, just that I have concerns if we lean too much on trying to keep to the status quo, the game will suffer as a result.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Blissey, Ray2064, Shujin, Skimmy2

Messages In This Thread
Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-08-2024, 01:56 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-10-2024, 10:46 PM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Balor - 08-11-2024, 08:58 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Druby - 08-12-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Neus - 08-12-2024, 07:00 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Snake - 08-13-2024, 02:32 AM
RE: Korvara's content, what'cha think? - by Mewni - 08-13-2024, 02:56 AM