Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight until you're dead
Just a random suggestion as I'm pondering how to write down on my IRL stuff.

What if when we have no FP to execute a technique or magic, it takes from your HP instead as thrice the FP cost?

For example:

I'm a dorky Mage, I want to cast Ultima on an enemy, I only have 25 FP left, the tech costs 100 FP. My HP is then blasted by 225 prot. ignoring Akashic damage, as I burn my life away to use the technique.

The enemy is almost dead, but so am I, and I sure don't want to go down. I use the spell again, killing the enemy, but exploding myself for 300 prot. ignoring Akashic damage, but I won. Smoldering and in tears, but I won.

This, but for all skills in the game. Why? It's anime as fuck, and running out of FP is very anti-climatic. Especially in drawn fights.

Because realisticaly speaking, what'd happen in a similar situation is the following:

"Oh, I'm out of FP."
> runs across the battlefield for 2 rounds
> drinks Blue Potion 30 times
"I can fight again now!"

Why would anyone realistically do that in a roleplay scenario where you're fighting for your life? What does drinking Blue Potion offer compared to burning your life away in a final sacrifice and going into maximum overdrive?

And most importantly. What keeps people from not doing that anyway because they'd be too fruity to not burn their HP away into skills as they're tired out?

Discuss.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Fight until you're dead - by Snake - 09-21-2024, 07:08 PM
RE: Fight until you're dead - by Poruku - 09-21-2024, 08:25 PM
RE: Fight until you're dead - by Sawrock - 09-22-2024, 03:07 AM