Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hexing Hexers(A nerf thread)
I'm not looking at the spell like it's a '1-hit KO superspell' I'm just saying that it's too smooth for most class combinations that aren't being awkwardly shoved together because the player knew they were fighting a hexer before hand. This is what hexer does. Not just to one specific class, but to all of them basically. Save for maybe VA but not everything can be easily used alongside VA like it can with hexer.

I made the suggestion to make the spells take slightly longer because just like in my complaint about evokers a long while back, I think the hexer class takes what it's meant to do in terms of battle balance too far, with these spells being the bigger part of why. Yes, you can resist the similarly annoying elemental/dark spells. That's not the hard part about hexers. These invocations take the cake compared to the other skills. Also, lets not forget that spirit pain's steal and heal thing is unresistable.

It can be used basically to combat everything with no real weakness other than the lame old 'it takes two turns' or 'it costs 50fp' or 'just use special equips and autohits' excuse that we all know ain't really true, mainly . Also, with how easy hp is to get, unless you have absolutely horrible stats, you'll be able to take a dump on all but the most resistant and bulky of fighters. I feel like no one class should be able to do that, even if most the scenarios this happens in come from a '1v1' setting.

Either way, after some more consideration and testing the spell out. I've decided I'm editing my suggestion. I have the newer suggestion in mind as before I had not truly used it combo'd with more non-mage classes, but I'll post again once the server is back up and I can be certain I was slightly overestimating the class. Once I do that, I will edit the main post.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]

Messages In This Thread