Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling the "Hybrid Tax."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7868#p7868 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:00 pm[/url]"]
If you actually READ the FULL thing I wrote, the real issue was classes whose growths are spread TOO THIN and prone to getting completely RNG screwed. If you want a COMPLETE imbalance, look no further than EVERYONE grinding with the EXACT SAME CLASS COMBOS BECAUSE GROWTHS. Calling it the Hybrid Tax was simply the most fitting name, since the issue IS that many classes have skills that they simply lack the growths to use.

It is -NOT- a matter of wanting a hybrid character, it is a matter of not wanting to spend eternity grinding Evokers/Arbalests/etc/the same builds over and over and over. Entire classes get underused until 60 simply due to their growths, despite their movesets being the appeal to playing them. It's totally fine for an Evoker to have 80 will. However, when some other mage classes can't even break 45 because of their growths, I fail to see how anyone with even a quarter of a working brain thinks that's completely kosher.

Furthermore, everyone needs to stop accusing me of trying to work against the system. I am an Altaholic. I play EVERYTHING. Optimal and Suboptimal. I'm not going "baaaawww, everyone's better than me." I'm going "Damn, the actual fun characters are getting RNG screwed so bad they can't win in PVE anymore, and this boring shit over here isn't even blinking at PVE." Furthermore, there ARE a lot of builds I've managed to wreck faces with despite being hilariously suboptimal, so I'm not even looking at sheer stats, but overall viability. For example, Hexer/BK? Sure, it's will sucks, but it doesn't need nearly as much will as a dedicated mage.

- Hexer? As I said, it's proposed skill growth was just so it can hit with it's passives based around landing weapon hits. Naturally this wouldn't be a problem for everyone who levelled as an Evoker, but for people leveling as Hexers, it can definitely be an issue. If you don't believe me, I tried levelling an LB/Tactician one time, and got Style Blending at level 35 due to only getting enough Skill (Complete with +3 skill traits) by then. Hexer has a very similar skill growth.
- You'll notice I didn't suggest removing ALL Verglas skill, just a bit. I worded it wrong, is all. Point being, not everyone has Evasion, and all their skills are autohits.
- That's your opinion. I just look at those growths and feel sad, myself.
- People besides Evokers deserve to be able to use Aid or Setting Sun. They have multiple will based skills and 0% Will growth.
- VA has multiple will-based spells as well. Them being anti-mage has nothing to do with their lack of will growths to support their void abilities.

Why do I take the time to write things out? Why do YOU take the time to reply, if you're so determined to keep any suboptimal combo non-viable? Do you even understand the difference between 110% Will vs 70% will? Spoilers: You're looking at 40 Will vs 80 will. "Giving the lower will +5% Str or skill or whatnot makes them objectively better?" Bull. You can't honestly think that. It is humanly impossible to seriously be THAT blind to the issue.

@ Chaos: While that is a good point, it doesn't change that many classes don't see play outside of PVP simply due to their growths. It would be nice to correct that.

crikey, i don't even know where to BEGIN with this. higher growth total = objectively better, because the character has higher chances of gaining more stats per level by using that class. i'll keep my ad-hominem to myself for the time being but really?????

over this entire post i plant a [citation needed] because excuse my french but you have a bad habit of pulling facts and numbers straight outta your rectum: 45 will is completely usable for PVE. what the hell are you talking about? along with that, how many evokers that aren't gimmick characters have 80 will?

you are the only person i've witnessed having problems this bad with the RNG. i am not 'blind' to the issue: i recognize what you are claiming is happening and i disagree with what you are saying to 'fix' it. most builds one could come up with are viable for PVE in some way so long as you put the fucking effort into it. class growths that do not have good synergy together will not end up working as well as you want them to. inversely, using classes that give you reasonable growths in the stats you're looking to use for leveling up is what you ought to do if you want to play something like, say, a monk/hexer, which has 'suboptimal' growths which make it not viable to level with. no that does not mean "WAAH I CAN'T USE MY CLASSES UNTIL LEVEL 60", it means keep an eye on your exp bar and then switch when you're going to level. it shouldn't be a difficult thing to do and if it is, i don't know what to tell you
i promise you that'll solve the stupid boohoo rng hates me problem

people accuse you of working against the system because that is what you do. i know i'm not the first person to give you this solution and yet you're?? still complaining about the same problem.
you can't try to swim against the current and then complain about it pushing back against you
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing

Messages In This Thread