Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Lawbreaker And Shotgun Passive
I am trying to make a DH/MG hybrid class that utilizes a Shotgun and an Axe, and I was noticing much better damage returns with my melee attacks than with my shotgun attacks. Normally, I'd chalk this up to a higher strength, since my strength is 7 points higher than my skill. But that shouldn't make much of a difference, as there's a neat little passive in MG that outright increases the power of shotgun weapons by 25, as seen here.

[Image: 5e0b7a46a5900867ad6cf9dce3f093df.png]

I have in one hand, this weapon.

[Image: fbb907982f2bcf472a12041265316c83.png]

I have in the other hand, this weapon.

[Image: c11ef10420f93a568d438aa5d2209bae.png]

In Reaver Stance with Martial Lawbreaker and Ambidexterity, I tested the damage of both weapons when doing Mad Chop, in addition to simply doing Mad Chop with only one of each weapon equipped with Ambidexterity off. I tested this with level 1 Jammers in the Jammer Cave, to keep a level testing field.

The shotgun has 18 power, the axe has 14 power. The shotgun should, in theory, have an extra +25 power from the MG passive which grants extra power to shotgun without restriction to what it applies to, according to the tool tip.

Every test resulted in a flat damage of 34-35 each time.

One could explain this away with a difference in stat distributions, however, my strength is 46 and my Skill is 39, not too far different from each other, and certainly not enough to make up the difference of +25 weapon power that SHOULD be applying to the shotgun, in addition to the shotgun's naturally higher power. In addition, Mad Chop only applies strength, and not skill to the equation, basing it entirely upon the weapon power.

Utilizing the damage formula for Mad Chop, the damage for each chop SHOULD be, for the Shotgun, 66 damage, or adjusting for defense on the Jammers, about 63-64.

And with the formula for the axe, it should come out to 37, which reduced by defense comes out to about 34-35.

Somewhere, math is getting butchered. What's going on here?

Messages In This Thread