Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Lawbreaker And Shotgun Passive
The gun thing is just an issue of wording. Only gun basic attacks deal unresistable damage; the description has been updated to reflect this.

As for the issue about One-Hit Wonder, let me attempt to explain. Basic attack damage, as well as almost all spell damage, is passed through a procedure that checks for your 'attack power'. Meanwhile, a lot of skills, with the only notable exception being Monk (I assume because I might have redone the way the damage was calculated when I added Talon Claw), do not do this and instead calculate it based on the weapon's stats only inside of the attack definition.

If the game were checking your 'attack power' with the Shotgun weapon, it would be adding the 25 Power bonus from One-Hit Wonder. But since it only checks the Shotgun's Power, it isn't. There are ups and downs to this, because often times the damage dealt is reflected accurately when otherwise you would have some random skills influencing the damage. Notable examples;
  • Aerial Attacker
  • Zugzwang
  • Upgrade
  • Dark Claws
  • Flank
  • Backstab
  • Sharp Claws
  • Youkai Tamer
  • Katana Master
  • One-Hit Wonder
  • Exorcism
  • Berserk minibosses

Currently some of these don't affect things like Monk skills because the skill itself gets passed through instead of the weapon (Flank, for example, only takes effect if it's the attack power of a weapon being checked). Some of them, like Aerial Attack and Dark Claws, probably do affect both spells and Monk skills. Upgrade probably does as well.

Should this be adjusted? Maybe. It would be more consistent and might introduce some unique facets to combat that we haven't explored yet and might make some of the racial skills more influential (for example, Dark Claws). Some of the modifiers in the 'attack power' could be split up into categories, like 'general attack power' and 'basic attack power' to prevent them from becoming too strong/to fulfill their intended purpose. Things like Nitrogen Drop would likely have their description updated to show it only takes the weapon's power into account, not any skills that would modify it.

Messages In This Thread