Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
σύνθεσις
As someone who incorporates ingrain as their main damage tool in a gimmicky tank build, there's a few points I can raise for this thread. Ingrain is just crazy polarized: it's useless on speedy people with low defensive stats, but backbreaking on tanks. It's (in most scenarios) subpar in one versus one, then suddenly god tier when you take on six things at once.

The reason it's so strong on tanks is because actually dealing 30 damage each round to a tank can be a struggle. Take that into account with the fact that most tanks can't hurt people very well, or hit things that move quick very well, and you zero in on one solution to both problems -- ingrain.

If the damage is nerfed but the healing isn't, it will still serve to make some tanks unstoppable. If both the damage and the healing are heavily nerfed, it simply won't be used (Guard would prevent more damage with 3 momentum than a 15 damage ingrain, for example). If the range is nerfed, you make dealing with the skill more tolerable for ranged classes, but leave most Melee builds up shit creek without a paddle just like before. There might be some magic number -- maybe even Level/3 -- that lets ingrain dance on the edge of balance, but I'm probably too biased to propose any changes to this skill given that I've only used it in an extremely overbearing way.

Messages In This Thread