Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ability to put a Style Seed on your weapon to replace your attack animation effect
Customization and freedom of expression in roleplay should come above the PvP atmosphere, but clarity should always come above all else too, there are valid points to be made about certain weapons having indicators that show you exactly what they might be from a glance and a lot of these do end up contributing a lot to how people view them. Tarnada is given away not just by the status effect, but also by the weapon effect. Gigantys is also given away by this too, it would be hard to tell you could be guard broken if it had a different swinging animation.

For these reasons, among probably more than a few others, I think there are two methods in which you can tackle this clarity issue, the first one that comes to mind is to simply not allow style seeds to apply to weapons that already have set animations. The second option and the better one imo, is to have the original weapon's on-hit play first, and then the custom one second, it might look jank in some scenarios, but imagine how it might also look to have Gigantys' swing animation into a bellowing stag or something else.

I am more of a fan of the latter in this scenario. But yes, clarity is important to me, I would like to keep the ability to read Tarnada from a glance DESPITE someone's weapon customizations. But other than that, yes this should be a feature in the game?
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, Miller, Senna, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ability to put a Style Seed on your weapon to replace your attack animation effect - by Autumn - 03-02-2023, 04:16 AM