Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do ya'll feel about Monstrous Homunculi?
The insinuation that anthro characters would lead to degeneracy upsets me. As that has never stopped the community at large when it came to treading across the lines of good taste or enforcing discomfort upon others. And again various form of humanoid animals have existed often in various forms of media without the rampant sexualization people here are so uncomfortable with.

And I need not remind you that I already walk past an ocean of HIMBOS, MUSCLE WOMEN, AND VARIOUS OTHER FETISHES ON FULL DISPLAY in game, every day, and I don't judge them because. It ain't my place, nor am I here for that. Not on this game.

A game that has a strict "NO ERP" on server rule anyway so this shouldn't be a concern at all because it's NOT what the format is for. Whilst I can respect Dev as a developer not wanting to have it in his setting. I think denying it solely for fear of fetishization is a weak and lazy excuse by anyone. Or to deride anyone from wanting to play something alien or demean them by claiming it's MERELY to fetishize is also a closeminded and offensive notion when sometimes you just want to play something different or unorthodox.

I am all for monster characters, and various flavors of 'weird' and inhuman. I don't play them, but there is something compelling when you see one done well. Or a monster given more character than a simple "It's so cute, and violent. We must protect it." that is commonly used within the community as it stands now. Which enforces a very particular energy and expectation that should you ever treat a monster or villain poorly. 'You're so cruel'.

I get we won't have like anthro races, or even WEREWOLVES which are a common fantasy trope. But I'd very much like it if people stopped using "Fetishization" as an excuse to deny it when the server is already loaded with them.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do ya'll feel about Monstrous Homunculi? - by Balor - 06-16-2023, 04:43 AM