Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Korvara Retrospective
I feel like the community we have here still has some weird dislike towards talking things out and being transparent. As if talking to people and saying "Hey I want to do this/My character is going to do this/My nation wants to do this" is going to be met with OOC retaliation and potentially a ban at worst, warning at best. And for the most part? I do see that. If people try to voice their opinions or what they want to do they're usually met with "what the heck you can't do that how dare you" if they're considered an "unpopular" member of the community, or a "hell yeah that rocks do it" if they're a "popular" member.

I stayed out of both the Beggar's Hole fight and the Geladyne - Meiaquar war, so I don't have first hand experience with them, only what I've read from other people.

Gonna be honest here, chief(s): The Beggar's Hole fight was a clustertruck of people taking IC things OOCly, people using OOC information ICly, and people harassing and trying to get people on the opposite team banned so they could get a mechanical advantage and "win" the fight. That's shit that you'd hear about and immediately think of DU or some random naruto RP game on byond. As expected, people got banned for it. To this day though? There's STILL misinformation and mistrust going around as a result of that. That's not good, in my opinion.

The latest geladyne/meiaquar war? I have no idea what happened, to be perfectly honest. Marci, Filia, and some others sat in private figuring things out when in my OPINION, something as grand as a WAR between two nations should be something completely transparent for all parties that want to get involved, so that they know what's happening, how to help, what to expect, etc. All things considered, they tried. They told us how things were going to go down. There was still misunderstanding and conflicting information on exactly how stuff was suppose to happen. Nobody knew how to set up minor ops because despite being told they were mostly minor, RP focused things, the only thing people were told is "talk to marci/filia/the gms to set it up". If those two weren't there on a certain time/day, you were SoL in regards to getting something going for the war. Similarly, we were told that after the end of each major operation those two, along with others, would talk it over with each other and announce the winners of said operation. Guess what? That never happened. More confusion. It also didn't help that at the end of each operation there was another week or two pause because everyone was harassing each other over it.

Then the change in harassment policy happened. People got banned for reasons nobody really knows, and that sapped a ton of motivation to continue. Like it or not, intentional or not, the atmosphere of the game from that point forward became one of "don't step out of line, don't try to do anything or you'll get got."

Is this fixable? Gonna be honest, I'm not really sure. Those are my rambles.
[-] The following 7 users Like RedtailPinny's post:
  • DancesWithMoths, Dezark, Poruku, Skimmy2, Snake, Trexmaster, Turadis

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Retrospective - by Poruku - 07-10-2023, 03:43 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Fern - 07-10-2023, 08:04 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Poruku - 07-10-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Soul_Hacker - 07-10-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Ray2064 - 07-10-2023, 09:58 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Poruku - 07-10-2023, 08:48 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by caliaca - 07-10-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Poruku - 07-10-2023, 09:48 PM
RE: Korvara Retrospective - by Balor - 07-10-2023, 10:33 PM