Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of "antags" (and conflict?)
(07-29-2023, 11:08 PM)caliaca Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 09:57 PM)Sawrock Wrote: The thought of using dice rolls for conflict resolution is so… unsatisfying. And to resolve with just RP? The exact reason why I loathe that is because without a mechanical system to moderate fights, I’d just as quickly always give in to my opponent winning. I don’t want to feel bad about winning, like I emotionally strong-armed someone into having my roleplay trump their roleplay. So I would honestly rather just lose.

I’m in the same boat as Polk here- I find the PVP fun. I like playing SL2 because it’s both roleplay and a game. Taking the game part out and I’d just be better off roleplaying in a discord server. If I want to make a guy that uses big axe, I engage with the game and make guy who uses big axe well. If I want to make slippery dagger man, then I can do that. And despite my hyper-niche of crit damage builds, I find different ways to make these builds so playing each character feels unique. And it isn’t even about winning! I sometimes make a build that’s flat-out subpar, that I know has a glaring weakness because the goal isn’t to win PVP 100%, or even 50%, 30%, etc, of the time. It’s to have something I created fit in with the roleplay, in beautiful tandem.

I’m not saying people should be forced to PVP- don’t get me wrong, once again consent is important. But just to state my opinion, the other two options are either just so dry it just fills me with emptiness, or so prone to others with strong personalities strong-arming a victory.

The only way to play the game is hyper crit damage brother, hell yea, RoT+ for life.
Hell yeah!!! RoT+ baby!!! The best status effect is DEATH
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • caliaca, DogmaticDusk, FaeLenx, Snake

Messages In This Thread
The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Poruku - 07-27-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: The state of "antags" (and conflict?) - by Sawrock - 07-30-2023, 01:08 AM