Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lore on Scarcity and "Dungeoneering"
WELL THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR ME

I'll take these one by one.

- The difference between the average NPC shmuck and an adventurer who can grind lava lake easily. Do we have a special power? Why can't all these poor workers just pick up a sword and swarm the jammer cavern?

Like Trex said, players are generally far beyond the average skill of an NPC. Outside of special NPCs that are used for events or have a power level that makes sense, you should assume that a regular person cannot do what a PC can. Sending an NPC into the lava lake would nearly invariably end with their life cut short.

- How is daily life for the masses? What's an average salary?

Most of this is covered in lore docs. The average life for Geladynians specifically is usually spent doing a job of some sort of for the majority of the day and then there's time off. For most, this job is inside the military, though you can *generally* assume that the most plentiful job in all nations (even Geladyne) is sustenance farming or raw material gathering. Mining, farming, and production of things needed to live were the most populace job well into the late 1800s and likely could be extrapolated to the be same here with regional differences (more miners in Geladyne, sailors in Meiaquar, warriors in Duyuei, Telegrad is just farmers deal with it).

The average livable salary for someone outside of the military was something like 30 lyria last time I thought about it, assuming that lodging is around 10-15 lyria per day (actual lodging is going to be cheaper than staying in an inn) and 5-10 lyria for food and other necessary living expenses like clothes etc (again, cheaper than buying prepared food at an inn). I'd assume that'd be a starting point that can go much much higher depending on the what you're doing.

Similarly, a privit's pay was 15 lyria due to food and boarding being taken care of, and the 15 essentially being pure profit.

- How real are the dungeons? How real is the loot? Do we actually find shoes on the corpses of fire elementals?

As far as we can tell, all of it is real yes.

- What is the cost of everyday things in murai? How much money is rich people money?

So like above I assumed that things aren't going to be expensive as prepared inn food. Buying the ingredients to make 4 hamburgers is going to be quite a significant amount cheaper than actually buying 4 hamburgers at a restaurant. You can likely assume there are fractional coins - like a tomatoe isn't going to cost 1 lyria in world, it'll cost like 1/4th of one 1/6th of one or something with coins instead of just an overarching 'dollar' being the lyria. If someone wants to make a spread sheet of common goods I'd be happy to fill it out for average cost of stuff, but assume that things are cents instead of dollars like it would have been in older times.

- Is all murai gain to be taken fully IC?

I assume so.

- How does life compare for the average citizen between each nation of Korvara?

This is another 'the lore docs cover it' thing.

- Speaking of which, what's the travel time between nations? Can someone from Meiaquar go eat food in Telegrad and come back?

So this is the one thing I'm going to disagree with Trex on. The only statement that we ever had on size was that a covered wagon would take approximately a week to go from Geladyne to Telegrad. Based off the average wagon speed and the size of countries irl I estimated that Korvara was probably around the size of Ireland (give or take, due to the wastes extending it and the ruins being inaccessible). So I'd assume, logically, no it takes more than a day to go between those two places, but also as long as there's no issue? Yea you can just go there, it'll take a while 'in character' but nothing is stopping you.
[-] The following 3 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Poruku, Ray2064, sirtrex

Messages In This Thread
Lore on Scarcity and "Dungeoneering" - by Poruku - 03-06-2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Lore on Scarcity and "Dungeoneering" - by caliaca - 03-07-2024, 01:59 PM