Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kensei-Why didn't you dodge?
(03-20-2024, 04:28 AM)Autumn Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 12:49 AM)Shujin Wrote: I agree, I do not mind if this buffs ends up being alitte weaker like 15-20, still have to consider the potential that this still can pair with other buffers or even debuffers.

I choose the numbers mostly to, in a vaccum, reach similar levels than a Rouge promo with its +5 base evade with Kenki in mind versus blotch. Though correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Kensei only the thrid strongest hit debuffer?

I thought it was
Priest-With lightshafts and possibly staff too
VA- 16-19 debuff depending if blotch is spirited and
Kensei- 10-15 depending on Katana master

or did you simply not consider Curate/priest as a supplement to dodge build? Genuinely curious about your insight.

I'll try my best to explain my viewpoint but ultimately its just an opinion, Light Shafts are pretty good but they're ultimately voluntary too, you don't have to stand in a light shaft unless the priest makes it their mission to do so, additionally the application of Kenki is a part of Kensei's bread and butter combos, wazabane, in addition to that you have easy access to Fear via AF and L'au Dela where as Curates generally don't get access to fear quite as easily. There is also locking guard in this case to consider but it isn't unlike priests can't use swords either I suppose.

VA is a different story but I would consider VA the dodgiest class in the game from a pure numbers perspective.

Gotcha! while I personally enjoy the dodge priest setups, they are certainly different than direct debuff dodgers. Very match up reliant too, as some class combos are actually affected by the shafts alot and need to move which gives you a momentum advantage, others just can fully ignore it.
Fear I do not REALLY count, because I believe thanks to haunted everyone has easy access to it one way or another and absolute fear has the opportunity cost of not being in your dodge stance, or SWA stance.
Its not bad by no means, but... Haunted. which comes at the opportunity cost of an enchant but is cursed then which gives acess to Sayakana. Which is why I usually do not count fear much for set ups. Also Shaitans.
But yeah, you are not wrong. VA is certainly the dodgiest with direct debuffs access. I always cry over lack of Locking guards for daggers though Q.Q

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Messages In This Thread
Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-19-2024, 07:31 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Poruku - 03-19-2024, 08:34 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-19-2024, 08:40 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Autumn - 03-19-2024, 10:52 PM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-20-2024, 12:49 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Autumn - 03-20-2024, 04:28 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Shujin - 03-21-2024, 05:13 AM
RE: Kensei-Why didn't you dodge? - by Senna - 03-20-2024, 04:41 AM