Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Upgrading Merchants - Making Korvaran NPCs Worth a Damn
Merchants in Korvara suck. Like, full stop. They only exist to give new characters what they couldn't afford from Pink, crap out blue potions, and sell recipe books. Only the Meiaquar mall and that one Tailor in Geladyne are really particularly useful in terms of their actual stock.

Having merchants sell actually decent items would give new characters monetary goals to work towards and serve as a decent early-game money sink.

- Non-unique merchants sell nation-specific items. For example, a pub-keeper in Meiaquar would sell pizza and noodles, because Meiaquar's based off of Italy, and the Telegradian blacksmith might sell the basic shotgun because farmers love their boomsticks. The Geladynian smith might sell greatweapons or the metal gauntlets, being the military country.

- Unique merchants actually have unique inventory. For example, the Maid Café in Fairview sells pastries and pies, being a café. Simit, being an amateur alchemist, might sell regenerative or alchemy ingredients. 

- Hospital buildings have NPCs that can cleanse lauders and sell wound items, like the church in G6.

- All smiths sell the basic Handgun. I'm fairly certain the smiths not selling basic handgun is just an oversight, given Pink sells it.

- The pubs/inns now sell all cooking materials, and sell food that's actually useful - again, based on what would fit the nation thematically. Of course, none would sell the particularly useful food, such as sushi, fugu, or salad, as that would make player-cooks obsolete, but they would sell food that has at least semi-decent HP/FP restore so new players don't have to rely on feast tables or the kindness of other players. If merchants on G6 can sell food, they can on Korvara as well.

These are just the improvements to Korvaran merchants I can think of off the top of my head. I think it's kinda bullshit that merchants are so overlooked; I get that Korvara is meant to be "player-driven", but this shouldn't come at the expense of convenience. We don't have player shops on Korvara, it's a lot harder to get the things we want, so we might as well make it the littlest bit easier.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like the REAL Minos Prime's post:
  • K Peculier, Poruku, ThatOneHop

Messages In This Thread
Upgrading Merchants - Making Korvaran NPCs Worth a Damn - by the REAL Minos Prime - 03-30-2024, 06:17 PM