Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's kneejerk reaction to Evoker FP Tweaks.
An evoker already didn't do that, though.

The very first thing any evoker wirth two brain cells to rub together does is get Arcane Tattoo. After that, it's debatable, but +10 damage to all spells is very tempting when still using spells you can have at below 5 FP to cast, at a point in time when food doesn't amount to much (And even if you subbed GS for the FP regen, a friendly reminder that it doesn't regen on turn 0, even on a back attack which starts before turn 0, making 1-2 turns where your FP regen literally doesn't work at all.)

Unless they have a ton of blue potions or very good food or something, it's likely not until level 25 or so that they finally spend their first points in Sear/Magaisendo. By level 25, for comparison, an MG is already using magic shells to rather decent effect, a BK is already tanking like a boss, a Verglas can have Rank 5 Rapid Kick and a few ranks in Ice Point Greaves, etc.

And yes. Arcane Tattoo + ____ Page + ____mancy can get the cost of these two spells down to 20, their old base. However, these same effects used to take them down to 8, which is actually sustainable. As it stood with the old costs, I semi frequently use my Arcane Tattoo'd spell over my non AT'd spell for the cost difference alone, even when disadvantageous (Example: AT'd Magaisendo vs Sear against Goblins) simply for the difference between 8 and 20 FP, because 20 is a bit much for repeated casting several times per turn.

At high levels, this change is completely fair and balanced. I just feel that this change literally forces lower level evokers to sink more points into Fir (Read: Raising the FP cost for a boost in damage which is not worth it in the slightest) just to unlock Explosion for an AoE with a decent radius. It's a work around, yes, but... it's not a -good- work around, since it can't be used with a lot of tricks evokers have up their sleeves. (Oh, enemy is out of range? Charge mind to make that first spell hit harder! OH WAIT! I don't have viable evoker spells to use it with, lolol)
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread