Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning
Really, this is great. It handles nearly all of the complaints voiced and a few personal gripes I've had (Percentages and addition mixed, mapwide attacking, etc).

I think this will kindle SL2 again, and bring back those people who left after being disillusioned with what the game had become. There's so much transparency with information as well, and more stats and effects to ensure that there won't be a standard meta, as well as the issue of either defeating people in two rounds, or going two hundred of plinking away. It also looks like there will be a much higher focus on strategy, and much more varied equipment.

The only, singular thing that -might- be a problem is elemental resistance, and resistances in general. I think that to account for how Defense and Resistance will be percentage-based reductions now, Elemental Resistances should be made into flat values, akin to Armor and Magic Armor. However, I'm not sure how to make it so that having some would be both beneficial while not invalidating an element, and this new system seems as though it will favor lower numbers overall, so it might be a non-issue.

But, again, really. This is fantastic, and shows a pretty darn high amount of listening to the playerbase, deep thought, and effort. I'm really excited to see how the game will pan out in both the near and far future. It almost makes me want to gush, and it's rare that I feel so enthusiastic about anything.

Messages In This Thread