Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighter Darkness
"Rendar" Wrote:Brighter Darkness is rather simple as it currently is.

However Vampires don't get nearly enough to warrant taking 150% extra damage (after defenses and the like, or was it before?). The bonuses from Sanguine Crest aren't enough to make us OP, even if +10 to STR/WIL/SKI/CEL/DEF seem like a lot. It doesn't account for the damage we take now-a-days. Characters who can deal.. say... 150 damage right now, would still be knocking us around for over 200 damage per hit. Mind you, this is 150 after my 50-60 defense, Ogata Waraji, and MA DR. I'd really rather not be taking 200+ damage (or 1/4th of my health) every time a duelist attacks me considering they can attack 3 times a round.

It's fine as it is, however it could make Lunar Lunatism operate at half power, meaning it's SAN/2 for the effects.

Where do I even begin with this.

Quote:Vampires don't get nearly enough to warrant taking 150% extra damage
Yes they quite do, you even stated it yourself.
Quote:+10 to STR/WIL/SKI/CEL/DEF
These are insanely good stats, like, this sets you far above everyone else already by getting +10 to already VERY core stats in any build.
Quote: It doesn't account for the damage we take now-a-days.
The more damage you take nowadays, the more you reduce, that is how %s work, so yes it is quite fair in my opinion, and this is only on basic attacks, which leads me to calling out lunar lunatism, which provides you a very VERY substantial hesitation debuff on anyone that tries to basic attack you in the first place, this much is already going to help against holy.

Quote:It's fine as it is, however it could make Lunar Lunatism operate at half power, meaning it's SAN/2 for the effects.
However having both of these is not 'fine' anymore, vampires are insanely strong, and rarely have any downsides, brighter darkness being exclusive to lower sanctity vampires would not make them feel useless either, that solution you have does not really fix the problem that I find with Brighter darkness + ALL the new vampire benefits.

Messages In This Thread