Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupine Racial Redux
Disclaimer: The actual proposed changes are on Post Two of this Thread.

Why is this even needed?

Like I covered in a past thread that was ultimately shifted off to the great threadyard in the sky:

Lupines kind of got shafted in the grand scheme of things for Racials. They have the Kaelensia trope-classic Golden Eyes and a much worse version of the Felidae's Instinct without anything -unique- to them. I would like for some love to be given to one of the game's Races that I believe I'm fairly qualified to address considering it's the one I've had the most experience with. Lastly, I wanted to create a new thread to directly address my idea, a concern or two I have overall and to give new attention to the idea of a Racial Redux for Lupines.

An Example: Cats versus Dogs

Felidae

-Golden Eyes: SAN*5 resistance to Blind, Immunity at 20 SN. -Greater- than (x>20) SAN also gives a SAN-20 bonus to Hit.
-Instinct (Felidae): Threshold One (50% HP or less) gives a bonus to SKI, CEL, LUC and GUI of 1+(0.1*SAN). Threshold Two (25% HP or less) gives a bonus to SKI, CEL, LUC and GUI of 2(1+(0.1*SAN)).
-Fleetfoot: Felidae gain a Base +1 Move along with another +1 Move per 20 Scaled SAN.

Lupines

-Golden Eyes: SAN*5 resistance to Blind, Immunity at 20 SN. -Greater- than (x>20) SAN also gives a SAN-20 bonus to Hit.
-Instinct (Lupine): Threshold One (50% HP or less) gives a bonus to STR, WIL, DEF and RES of 1+(0.1*SAN). Threshold Two (25% HP or less) gives a bonus to STR, WIL, DEF and RES of 2(1+(0.1*SAN)).

Breakdown of Example

-As it stands, Golden Eyes is a boon. Although it gives no distinction between Lupines and all of the others with it in this Race Tree.

-The -current- Lupine brand of Instinct is good, don't get me wrong. But you can take away three facts from this:

1. You get DIminished Returns for the most important stats you typically are forced to hit soft caps in to begin with (Strength and Defence) as you build a character that fits the Trope Lupines are molded for.

2. A "bonus" to Willpower that is ultimately more of a cripple due to the fact it ups your FP -limit- (which is a nightmare when facing Greenscale users) and does -nothing- to alleviate the fact. The game currently stands with WIL only factoring to 10 FP per up along with 1 HP indirectly through Stat Allocation which makes this boost to WIL a complete hinderance.

3. Felidae get the best of both worlds in the facts: They have a third Racial Passive and they get a more fitting Stat Boost to their character Tropes (I.E. they get more Evade from Cel, Hit from Skill, Crit Chance from Luck, Crit Damage from Guile).

========================

What can we do to make this a fairer playing field?

I'm glad you asked, read below.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy

Messages In This Thread