Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The State of the Community
For the people who treat mechanics as IC, can't things be explained to them in LOOC so they can correct themselves at one point, or are we just being lazy here? If you are new, you won't know a lot how SL2 works, we're just being a bunch of brutes if we're expecting new people to see a Raijin and be like "Oh, that's a machete, ok!"

For the excessive fourth wall breaking, it happens only (at least from my observation) when the quality of roleplay drops from bad to terrible, and people have nothing else better to do in the game, and feel like they should stand off in a way or another. This, can also be fixed if you go in LOOC and complain directly to them, and if they don't comply, you can call a GM on them, like it already happened multiple times and I don't know why this is becoming a meme itself now. (As in, going out of the 'when people are bored' to the default RP.)

Excessive fourth wall breaking is different from trash RP. Trash RP is one you don't put a hell of an effort behind, fill the text bar with one liners while using some ridiculous FI, be it a chibi or whatever face people use when shit talking and wait for people to react with frown towards you abnormal IC behavior. In my opinion, Trash RP is what is killing SL2. Everyone wanna do it nowadays because it's apparently the ''only way I can be a speshul snowflek'', and this sort of hurts me.

So, a summary of what's suffocating the game's roleplaying environment like a city's smog:

- The Oldbies [i.e ''The Elitists'']'s lack of tolerance to actually teach the new people, or fix the current people with their own hands. The refusal of trying to show what RPing in Sigrogana really should be like and why people should take this game atleast with the minimal dint of seriousness. Or that atleast there are times you should be serious or not. It's hard to do? Yes. But the fruits will sure be what everybody in this thread is expecting.

- Trash RP by the non-serious [i.e ''The Casuals''] people, people are no longer putting effort into living their characters because it's a lot easier to just work with stand-up wannabe clowns. (Me included, I'm never excluding myself from anything related to trash roleplay, but I do know my limits atleast, it's probably why I'm notorious for being 'self-aware'.) And there's no other reason to give your all to make the game better, because 'its just a game why you heff 2 b mad', even though sometimes I don't agree, but I can't change anybody if I can't prove them there are times you 'should' actually try playing with a stoic face for once.

- Lack of new things to do, we're by the point where the game is already sucked dry for any new action. All we get is new PvP features. AND, PvP has been the focus of the game's development for quite a while. But I can't judge anything here, it's probably the only thing that's fun to code and implement in this game anyway. It's just sad that SL1 seems to have more RP features than SL2, and even a mini-death system.

- Antagonist oppression, like Sawrock stated, it's terrible to be a 'proper' antagonist, because you actually have >drawbacks< for being one. While the PCs can pick if they don't wanna die due to the consent rule, the antagonist, most of the time, doesn't have this choice and are often mini-banned for an eternity in the jail to 'pay for their crimes'. The balance of good and evil is overweighted in 'good', because any 'evil' that gets discovered (yes, discovered, people chase down anything they deem evil like it's the plague) gets shutdown in a blink of an eye.

This is just what I think. The server is only split in half between the 'non serious' and 'serious' because of this.

Are we really on the absolute zero in hope here, or just too desperate for immediate changes? Can't we give this another try if everything is approached in a different way?

Can we get new stuff related to RP pls, like, polished Event Tools for houses only?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread