Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean man, take me by the sword
30% is what I had in mind to make Weak! procs still possible on more than totally unresistant people, but I don't think River Sword should pump out Weak! procs as reliably given how drastically that raises damage potential, as stated.

When you're comparing the numbers to other setups, you have to consider how the setups are achieved and what they can do.

Reaver suffers a damage penalty the longer the combo goes, and Verglas often requires the enemy to be in one range for most of their skills for an entire combo. River swording someone has far more freedom, allowing you to run anything you want so long as you can connect with a Hit check.

Elemental weakness that you can apply to enemies only exists right now for Lightning, Ice, and Water. For a Weak! proc with the former two, it requires an invocation. River sword just demands you hit the person with a basic attack, and it lasts for longer than Intensify Cold (4 Duration vs 3), and is only 10% less of a weakness.

35% would hardly fix the issue, 30% would make it trivial to block Weak! procs, and 25% would almost entirely prevent it from creating Weak! procs on non-weak mobs. The latter is what I'm aiming for.

Anything that grants you 3 unmitigated actions a round is extremely powerful. There are resist items in the game, yes, but this doesn't justify how harshly it punishes people below 16% water resist.

Messages In This Thread