Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebound and Vampires
1v1, Rebound is atrocious. It only really shines against multiple opponents, the kind of thing you only see in Crazy dungeons or against Summoners in Team PVP.

One of my characters is a Ghost/Priest. They have 44 Resistance, which gets pushed higher in battle thanks to Rising Game and Sanctuary. At critical HP with a Sanctuary up, they can heal 80-ish per rebound tick. It takes 3 enemies to outpace Graft (91 SWA before Rising Game with a Str/Fai staff, and 66 Light Attack. Rising Game also pushes the Str further, although it's only 30% Str scaling, so Graft doesn't get much better.)

Now factor in that Rebound makes the opponents Unmarkable for two turns, lowering your damage output and locking you out of some of your other options, whereas most other heals have no such drawbacks. (I think the only other heal with an effect like this is Ranger's Cherry Blossom Annorum, which, due to Annorum's cooldown, locks you out of using augmented skills for 2 turns, but not preventing the skill from being used at all. Also, that heal takes 9M to set up for a 350 HP party-wide heal, as opposed to Rebound's taking 6m to heal one character for closer to 60 unless they stack Res.)

I'd actually be okay making rebound better for Vampires, considering. If your vampire is a closer range fighter, you'd probably rather Silvermists and Banquet it back, anyway! The main benefit to this would be roleplay; not using Silvermists so soon, so as to not give yourself away.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread