Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebound and Vampires
Let's go over these one at a time, shall we? (I won't even touch the whole "lol rebound >>> graft" nonsense)

- Pr-Hi Potions: I like how you put this first because it's the main one you mentioned that has a strong reason for even being mentioned, therefore making your list look stronger. Regardless of counterpoints I offer (Such as potion sickness actually blocking Sal Volatile - and yes, I've seen this happen when people weren't paying attention) Pr-Hi Potions are powerful and usable by anyone regardless of class or race (although they suck for Vampires,) and there are dedicated players who are constantly gathering the ingredients, making them, and selling them to higher level players who can afford 500 per potion, making them a staple among the level 60 scene.

- Gentle Garden: It costs 6M to set up (Unless you just happen to be standing near a flower already) and has a 3 turn cooldown. The heal CAN be decently potent (I think it can go as high as 230 if used on a level 60 at max rank) but if you compare it to Graft being usable more frequently and hitting wider areas with Mass, without the nature tile restriction... yeah, it's actually pretty bad. You're better just using Cherry Blossom, unless you're some kind of evasive, low HP glass cannon who almost never takes much damage but got hit, and needs a quicker heal.

- Cherry Blossom: 9M (10M if trying to one-turn it with Duelist/Ranger, Boxer/Ranger, or Dullahan) setup with a 3 turn cooldown for a party-wide heal of 350. This has it's uses, but mainly in teams. Problem is, much like Malmelo, it immediately ousts any vampire in the team ("Oh, that one didn't heal for as much, vamp confirmed&quotWink and enables rampant metagaming to counter them. I've seen people ICly hide their vampirism, have people OOCly find out accidentally, and ICly come after them later when they'd done nothing to expose themselves. It'd be great if this stopped being a thing.

Field Medic: It's a medical kit. Bandages and stitches and such. This should not help a vampire WHY? I can understand magics and potions because their bodies work differently, but manually patching a body up not working is just stupid. Not to mention the heal sucks without Tactics rank, and if someone is hurt bad enough to need it, the tactics rank is probably ruined anyways. I'm not saying it's impossible to make good use of (It's not, I've seen it used to great effect) but those are fringe scenarios.

Meditate: Between the 6+M to use and the cooldown, it's actually really weak when you consider how many people try to build for 1000+ HP. 2x Scaled Skill +25 = 125 if you have 50 scaled skill, which is quite a lot (the skill, not the heal.) Even if you go first and Urazawa it for the the 25% damage reduction, the heal will likely not even cover the damage you take that turn. Don't even get me started on how back attacks delay the heal for a turn and likely prevent it from going off at all in a decent party, preventing it from being a good "I'll top myself off at the start of a fight" button. And that's for non Vampires. Vampires have one singular use for it: Unlocking Monk.

Spirit Jar: I'm pretty sure these were nerfed and I haven't used one since the nerf (Heck, I haven't even SEEN one since the Nerf; do they even still drop?) so I can't comment on the balance, but... come on, Spiriteater, Banquet and Essence, is there a lore reason why this doesn't work? Just seems rational to me. If these aren't overbearing anymore, I don't see the problem.

Aid: Much like Meditate, the fact that it's based on a scaled stat and not SWA or static higher numbers makes it quite weak. Don't even get me started on that cooldown.

Basically, if your vampire is a melee fighter, even if these healing options weren't reduced, you're basically better off popping a SIlvermists and just Banqueting it right back, with how weak some of the heals are, the lengthy cooldowns, or the setup required for them.

Heck, I can even understand reducing magical/natural/potion heals simply since Vampire bodies work differently, but skills like Field Medic? Why not give an option or two for ways to heal onesself that won't expose the vampirism? I get it. Vampires have some powerful racials, but when you factor in the softcap and stat scaling, they bonus stats are not AS good as you might think, and Lunar Lunatism's been hit with nerfs to the point that when I do play a Vampire, I actually never see the low levels of Charm and Hesitation amount to anything despite 50 scaled San.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread