Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Kensei Rework]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=172#p172 Wrote:LadyLightning » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:06 am[/url]"]

Kagekiri, Hirazuki, Sharenzan, Toiken, Raijinken: All damage-dealing Kensei skills that used to scale with 75% STR,
now scale with 100% SKI instead. This allows Kensei to use their primary stat for damage, without having to worry
about not only a lesser stat, but only 75% of that lesser stat.

I think 100% SKI scaling is too much reliance on SKI and I'd prefer 100% STR scaling or 50% STR and SKI scaling.

This is mainly due to the fact that SKI already has a significant role for Kensei impacting not only Hit rate but Critical rate too (as well as Riposte's trigger rate). Even with 100% STR, SKI will still be a factor if they end up being able to score Critical Hits.

Quote:Sakki: Now increases your own final, post-calculation critical chance by 5/10/15% of its value. A final critical chance
of 50% becomes 50 * 1.15 = 57.5% with Rank 3 Sakki.

Touki: Now increases your own final, post-calculation hit chance by 5/10/15% of its value. A final hit chance of 85%
becomes 85 * 1.15 = 97.75% with Rank 3 Touki.

Kenki: Now decreases an attacker's final, post-calculation hit chance by 5/10/15% of its value. A final hit chance of
85% becomes 85 - (85 * 0.15) = 72.25% with Rank 3 Kenki.

I think the changes to Sakki, Touki and Kenki may as well be flat values too considering how little impact they have with your suggested changes and for simplicities' sake.

e.g.

50 + 15 = 65%

85 + 15 = 100%

85 - 15 = 70%

Quote:Peerless: Now passively increases SKI and CEL by +1 each per rank, and no longer increases STR. Given the Kensei's
reduced reliance on STR in this proposed rework, it can no longer be assumed that STR = damage.

STR is still plenty useful for Kensei. It's a factor in Basic Attacks, Duelist Offensive Skills, Wazabane and Hidden Cut. I think Peerless (and STR being a key stat for Kensei) should stay.

Everything else seems fine to me though.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]

Messages In This Thread