Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigrogana May Cry
I've noticed an overwhelming number of players running Demon Hunter right now, and it's not difficult to see why.
  • Cobra provides some of, if not the, most momentum efficient movement in the game. It also allows for complete negation of almost any attack you can dodge.

• Reaver has autohits that deal disproportionately high damage, can be used with magical weapons, knockdown enemies, and can combo into Cobra for more aforementioned free movement.

• Matador has a damage reduction with no stat prerequisite, and gives tank builds an avenue to deal decent damage.

It wouldn't make much sense to make this post without covering the class' weaknesses, so to the best of my ability, those would be:
  • Taxing on Skill Pool
  • Requirement to pick 2 of the 3 available stances (only 35 SP available)
  • No passive evade granted

Of the three, Matador doesn't really seem to be much of a problem. However, it's my belief that a few components of the class should have some power pulled from them. Before I make specific suggestions, the main points I'm trying to address are:

1. Constant, nearly unstoppable efficient movement in Cobra.
  2. The requirement to roll hit checks twice when basic attacking a Cobra Demon Hunter.
  3. The damage scaling of Reaver autohits, especially since they have knockback/knockdown incorporated into them.

With that in mind, what I would personally do to address these are:

1. Make Leaping Lizard with Enemy Climb refund 3 momentum, instead of costing 0 up front (like Voidgate). This keeps the net cost the same, but limits a person's ability to take their full turn then jump away with 1 momentum to spare. Increase the cooldown of Winged Serpent by 1 round.
    • In that same vein, a 2 round cooldown helps mitigate the 1 momentum airborne statuses (Burn Up, Gain Air) being used for infinite 1 momentum movement.
  2. Disallow Cobra's Snake Dancer passive from activating on basic attacks, abilities that perform basic attacks, and On-Hit effects attached to basic attacks. It feels terrible to 'Hit' someone, then have them jump away anyway because your second roll on the dice wasn't as fortunate.

3. Reduce the scaling on Reaver autohits, even if by a small amount.
    • Chaser from 140% at final rank to 120%.
    • Rising Tide from 160% at final rank to 145%.
    • Elemental Rave from 170% at final rank to 155%.

I don't think these changes are severe enough to hinder the different stance identities, but feel free to correct me if something here is blatantly wrong.

Messages In This Thread