Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Idea: Goon Squad
I've played many villains (Kasan, Kenn, Bloeden, Pitecoll, Falk, Neferlian, Einde, etc...) and I want to say that treating villainous characters in such regard (making them event-based, or getting overly organized with their creation and implementation) will lead to nowhere good.

Play a villain like you would play any other character; give them life and make them do as they would do. If they are to die or be imprisoned for it (Kasan, Bloeden, Falk, etc...) it WILL suck, but realizing that the experiences you had were more enjoyable due to the story and risk involved make it worth all the more. Reforming villains can be an excellent option as well, but that isn't the only option, and nay, it shouldn't be- a villain shouldn't have to be able to live a life by being good. They can do actions and cause events to unfold by simply interacting with thought in the moment.

Of course, this isn't to say there should be no planning involved- consensual fights and other such activities lead to a more polite set of interactions OOCly, but it shouldn't be scripted by any means. If you want goons? Hire them ICly. Speaking from experience, people WILL put on matching uniforms if you give them a sense of IC community.

If your idea would happen to come forth regardless, I wish you the best of luck with it. If I'm wrong about your ideas, then the game will be better for it.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]

Messages In This Thread