Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Verglas is Half-Empty
I would like to add another Skill in the Verglas arsenal thats so useless its most of the time entirely forgotten:

-Insulate
I had made a topic about it in the past, which in turn got it "Buffed" to cure and make you immune to Frostbite during that duration. Thats not really a buff though, since Insulate made it already so that you do not trigger Ice tiles, so in theory you had always been immune to the effects of Frostbite anyway, making it only a Pseudo buff. The Problem with the skill is that its too short lived and you are 99% of the time are better off not using it, as another Verglas, who you mostly use it against will just counter winterbite. So its certainly a skill that deserved some changes.

An idea I had that had nothing to do with the current Insulate but would make it a very good replacement skill while enhancing the idea of Verglas being stronger while sourrounded by Ice would be something like:

Insulate (Max Rank 3) 5 Turn CD
You use the sourrounding Ice tiles around you to absorb them and protect yourself with a frosty armor. during the duration you do not trigger Ice tiles, and leave Ice sheets behind using move.

You absorb all ice tiles in rank circle around you, recovering 1(+0.5 FP per rank) per Ice Tile consumed and granting you or empowering an existing Staus called Glacial Fortress Level Ice Atk(+20% per rank?)+ice tiles consumed*2.
Glacial Fortress= All damage you receive is reduced by 10+5*rank%, and the level of the Status reduced by the damage negated. Fire Damage reduces the level by 50% of the damage, melting the armor quicker.

Technically a Rebound that uses Ice tiles around you, but instead of healing you and sapping the enemy, it grants you an armor. Fire damage melts it away quicker though, so its not a Wraithguard and generally weaker in its HP it can soak up. It can also be changed to just heal instead, but I thought this makes it more unique, and a FP recovery skill they needed for the longest. Yes I am aware it's strong, but I do not think too strong. I generally just like the idea of Verglas to spread ice tiles, just to use them after as a resource similar to Ki or whatever.

Winterbite could need the damage portion of it be slightly tweaked upwards, as its numbers are still pre GR and everything else akin to it got a boost. But not really the thing people use it for anyway.

Also can I have my 1 M snowball skill finally? =O It even has a skill icon already!

Attached Files
.rar   Verglas Snowball.rar (Size: 1.83 KB / Downloads: 14)

Messages In This Thread