Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elimi-nahmate [Eliminate is too fatal to use]
There are plenty of decent scaling daggers, most of which make non-damage stats into damage stats. Cases like the vorpal fang, with a 70% LUCK scaling, 30% guile scaling. Daggers like the 150% total scaling, 13 base power 10* dagger. 3 different scaling stats, sure, but if you're building for it? The scaling on that would be amazing, ideally up to 150 if you made serious sacrifices. Not the highest in the world, sure, but then we get into the actual effects.

Say you started the battle with 60 void energy. Set up a void gate so you have range, then you start a turn. Void gate to get airborne and sneak (Though while proofreading, I realize airborne wouldn't even be necessary anymore), 6M left. You hit them with this new Eliminate. They're stunned, interfered, and have lingering damage. Assuming that the original poster meant for the momentum clause to be ADDED to what's already there, instead of replacing it, that'd be 130% increased damage on a 160% scaling skill. Looking at, with a 100 SWA dagger, 368 damage. Then, while the target is stunned, they can be hit more without being able to fight back, granted at 50% DR. Lingering damage in this case would be 110. 110 damage A TURN for 4 turns on top of what would likely be an end result of 170 damage (assuming 50% defense, some armor). They'd be out a total of 170 + 440 HP. From one skill, and that's assuming they're tanky and not dodgy. If they're dodgy and the VA goes behind them with the voidgate usage, that's Cobra gone and 30% damage reduction ONLY if they dodge, instead of 50%.

And if the dagger isn't 100 SWA? If it's, say, 125? 368 turns into 460.

Now, that's assuming the OP meant to add these effects, instead of replacing them with their idea. If it's a replacement, then ignore me, though it'd have to have, like... a 5 round cooldown or something, lest it be spammed to no end. (Seeing as I don't see a clause that says it'd remove void energy anymore.)

As far as how I'd change it? Leave out the stun, leave out the lingering damage. Or make the lingering damage a status inflict chance, with 50% of its current suggested value. 55 damage a turn is still very considerable.
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread