Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Razor Rune Idea
Considerng the current state of rune mage a lot of their high end damage comes from rushing runes, this can directly attribute to the way razor does damage, it claims it's a "Resonate" but it does damage in passing.

If possible I'd rather keep it a resonate where of course if the round starts or it's focus tuned it does one instance of damage with perhaps SWA damage starting at SWA*.5 at a rune level of 1, going up .1 for every rune level to an utter maximum of SWA*1.6 per pulse and trigger, I think 2 with a chrono trigger.

If however that is deemed too much and one would rather change it to be at most 100% SWA damage at what would be a level 12 rune with chrono we could also do it where razor rune does not do large damage in itself and instead applies lingering damage as a purely trigger effect *So only when the rune is incapable of doing any more damage*

This would play into rune mages ability to apply status effects and would ultimately reduce a lot of the hate around rune mage, because currently people become very upset due to some abusers who will make a rune and serve to see the end goal of just using solo rush->all turn->all rush with razor rune which CURRENTLY would make it rush for roughly 800 damage, bout 100 damage per tick 4 times before DR twice.

And I get that, I sometimes don't want to rush my completed rune at all because I hate that the rushing of the runes doing more damage than this big rune is exploding, even if I'm not personally abusing the rune and typically rushing a fully powered chrono rune to explode the razor itself makes me reel a bit from how much its doing compared to the rest of the rune. I do think if you spend 5 turns making a rune it should be strong but I disagree that rushing a rune should be a means to do damage.

I'd like to see all turn and solo turn acquire more range for aiming runes, but for that to even be an option we need to make all rush and solo rush no longer lethal.

Messages In This Thread