Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Opinion on the Guard System
I'm going to post as someone who has never been a guard, but has on occasion been on both sides of asking for guards, and getting guard'd on.

I mostly agree with both Jupiter and Walrus. Guards leaving to tackle things in the middle of the wilderness that weren't large scale terror attacks has never made sense to me, because... They're guards. Going out to nowheresville with 1-2 guards because someone claims 'there's totally something bad happening I swear' feels weird for someone whose job is to keep x location safe.

I've also always been baffled by the fast-tracking to first squad and how you need to nab the once-per-year or once-per-two-years in my experience trainee slot to even hope to make an actual jobber guard-guard. Between both of those, at least, I've personally seen it as a wash; If you aren't friends with a majority of guard players, it just doesn't seem feasible to ever be a guard, not even getting into general troubled communication between guard players on OOC things.

Guards are definitely important. I don't want to have to worry someone is going to make a character for the intent of trying to lolstab everyone in public over and over with no IC reprisal beyond 'be mechanically strong lol', and from an RP sense, I like interacting with guards ICly. I don't know the rules for guard players being 'on the job', but if it feels like they're stuck playing nothing but a camera, then something should definitely change to make it more of an enjoyable thing, because ultimately, that is the entire point of playing the game. Having fun. Even the fun police that exist to ruin all my sick gankz should be allowed to enjoy policing the fun.

As an unrelated to above side note about Arjav, since Arjav and punishment was mentioned in the OP, solitary shouldn't be a thing until someone does something really disruptive when already in Arjav, due to the way it hard locks RP.

Messages In This Thread
General Opinion on the Guard System - by Aqua - 11-02-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: General Opinion on the Guard System - by Tanasinn - 11-02-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: General Opinion on the Guard System - by Aqua - 11-05-2020, 01:57 PM