Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban
(11-13-2020, 09:19 PM)jintheblue Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 07:58 PM)Dystopia Wrote: --

I'm sorry there seems to be a miscommunication between the two of us, but if this was about Shou's ban I would have said so. That's a different matter for a different day. As for hearsay, and the details of what exactly went down, without logs, or testimony, all of it is hearsay and not the point, you said yourself in the initial post.

(11-13-2020, 07:58 PM)Dystopia Wrote: This honestly isn't even about Detema's ban, which I slapped down after a lengthy discussion with the rest of the GM team.

I'm also not asking you to not put out fires, simply reminding you that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and the root of all of this miscommunication stems from you.

You banned Detema without a word prior, and only the server message after. Detema was left "knowing what they did", only in so much as, knowing that Seven, a user they lashed out at, after being stalked by, went to you. You told Seven that no one involved would get more than a warning. You have had a month to clear up these misunderstandings, and choose not to until now. All it would take are two messages. The first to Detema, "Do you know why you were banned?" and the second to Seven, "Detema wasn't banned on your behalf, he was banned for toxic behavior in the ooc corner."

Up till now, it hasn't been GM policy to publicize reasons for bans, but rather let banned players approach GMS.

In the scenario, Detema approached Slydria, was directed to Dystopia, and then never followed up on things from there.  Explicitly Dyst mentions in this thread Detema had recently received warnings regarding their behavior.

I'm sorry to cut in, but this definitely seems like a topic for Balthie's thread as it's a matter of policy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Dystopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Misinformation Regarding a Recent Ban - by Maksimum_Fire - 11-13-2020, 10:25 PM