Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arbalest Rework (And things I'd like to see from it)
Its no doubt that currently the most dated class in the game is Arbalest, there are a number of problems that the class has as a whole, whether perceived as weaknesses or issues is a case to case basis, but the class doesn't really serve the fantasy it tries to go for at the moment, due to a lot of previous nerfs and quite frankly just it being outdated as hell.

What I see Arbalest as is that its supposed to be the immobile artillery of the fight, it wouldn't be able to move on its own very well, nor should it ever want to move, in exchange for this low mobility and likely a lack of utility it would have:

• Extreme Range
  • High Firepower
  • High Durability
  • High Crowd Control

Most of this is already in Arbalest, save for high durability given that Heavy Wall is kind of outdated by now and could probably be reworked into a passive instead.I would like to go over Arbalest's skills that have a decent amount of power first here:

• Buster Cannon is 90% of the class' power budget currently, this skill is AMAZING for what it does, BK can play against it but no other tank really can, it serves as a good check to tanks and should remain in some capacity.
  • On Demand CC in the form of Blowback Cannon, usually not worth over Buster Cannon, but has its uses.
  • Heavy Tackle is surprisingly potent when built for, if more arbalests were keen to build STR (which they are not currently) it would likely retain some power, though the damage output of the skill is extremely low and should be based on SWA + B/W like Board Shaker is, that way it can be uncapped again.

Thats about all that arbalest has, it has great innates that fuel its damage but those tend to be unnoticeable at times, next I'll list some skills that fall flat, and/or have been over-nerfed mostly by pure coincidence:

• Oil Chain is simply not that good anymore, unlike cinders the fire doesn't have on-round damage, and only contributes 120% fire ATK to the initial attack, afterwards it acts EXACTLY like cinders do and splits damage for pulls/pushes, this assures the skill doesn't completely annihilate someone so I'd like to see it get something else.
  • Straight Cannon is not worth putting your weapon into reloading currently, and is kind of a boring skill anyways.
  • Deadly Aim is an outdated stat buff, given Arbalest is a Basic Attack centric class, this could easily be turned into a hit/crit steroid buff.
  • Reload Accel is a whole ass 5 momentum, I'd rather see this become a cooldown skill instead, 5 round cooldown should suffice to be long enough.

That about covers what the class is currently, as for the things I'd like to see from a rework if it were to be considered would be:
  • A Mechanic that encourages the class to build high STR, currently the class suffers from a lack of stat points, which is detailed below, I think a very unique and interesting mechanic is the ability to scale its critical damage from STR instead of GUI for bows only.
  • The ability to bunker down and immobilize itself is both thematic to the class and could potentially provide a good costly boon to it.
  • More B/W centric mechanics, it only has like 2 of them currently.
  • More durability, likely coming from heavy armor, it should be physically tanky but not as much as Black Knight might.
And that wraps it up for this thread, thanks for reading as always.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • messaiyan, Miller, Snake, Tamaki-Kun, TheRuffKnight

Messages In This Thread
Arbalest Rework (And things I'd like to see from it) - by Autumn - 01-15-2021, 01:30 AM