Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Survey and things I couldn't put there. (Muh opinions on the StAtE of balance)
I like your post in a vacuum.

but as one example 2M basic attacks would cause certain types of basic attackers which are already powerful to dominate (fans)

I also like your Class term list but it does not work in a game this freeform as there are always outliers it works in MOBA's because the champions job is more or less set.

and even they have terms for Hybrids Like Juggernauts (Bruiser Tanks)

This Leads me into your thing on Damage Focus Physical or Magical I think that should be the limitation.

Two "types" Mages and Fighters

How they go about their job further defines them

A Magical Healer is a Curate or Priest
A Physical Healer is a Medic or Doctor (out of combat healing?)

A Magical Tile Abuser is a Geomancer (give us the ability to create and abuse more fun tile types dammit)
A Physical Tile Abuser would be a Trapper (give us more traps too dammit :l)

Ect.

The only things I truly disagree with are the last points.

Races should be more impactful on how you play Ive been semi public about wanting races to be more diverse and powerful right now the Meta is Corbie and every race should be just as powerful so playing a race leaves an impact heck we saw what happened when vampires were good.

People actually hated them in and out of character it was FUN

Imagine if Hyttr Firebreath was uberbuffed. but it also hurt allies. Makes it risky to use makes people FEAR you.

Imagine if Liches gained stronger spells but if they lose all FP they drop to 0 hp. quite a trade off. (also fp drain on some enemies should be a thing. )

Imagine if Chimera could eat "racial" Remains. sure that unbalances them further but wouldn't that choice lean into them being monsters?
[-] The following 2 users Like Kiranis's post:
  • HaTeD, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: Survey and things I couldn't put there. (Muh opinions on the StAtE of balance) - by Kiranis - 06-01-2021, 07:38 PM