Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Solutions for lack of vacant housing
Quote:An option for that would be to make the rotation faster, or add a murai cost to be paid a bit like the shopkeeps, even if it's very minor. This would mean people need to put effort into actually paying their like 200 murai so people who don't care about their house would simply allow it to rotate out.

TAXES, YOU'RE THINKING OF TAXES!
-

The current system for houses to time out is that the house opens up if the owner has not logged onto the key in the last month (since Pok asked in the unedited post). I, myself, actually hate housing as it is now but I have no clear thought of how it should be fixed, only that it needs to. However, I do think that people should have to log onto the character and not the key to keep the house if anything. 
Cellsvich, Dormeho, Tannis, Voliegard, Cellsvich Forest, Costal Cove, and the Waterfall are the biggest problems with housing. There's barely ever ANYTHING in these places, and I can actually attest: I've bought a house in Voilegard for a million murai OOCly just because having my character's house there is what made SENSE. I can't even get my main's house in Cellsvich Forest, despite it being there ICly, because there's NEVER forest houses open.

I think more housing would be nice, but I think something like FFXIV's apartment system would actually be a good fit. Have one of the Asago portals OOCly in places where there's housing, and then allow people to take spaces in them ala you already can at the Asago building - just with a GUI where you can select a person's home to visit, if it's open. Names would just be like naming the door on an actual house.
This makes housing itself still an ~exclusive~ cool thing, but isn't going to screw with someone's IC placement just because a bunch of people already took those spots and are never gonna give them up, as well as provides better housing opportunity, and doesn't require a party to take people into (like the portals at ASAGO do).
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]

Messages In This Thread
Solutions for lack of vacant housing - by Poruku - 08-28-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: Solutions for lack of vacant housing - by Shadbase - 08-28-2021, 01:48 AM