Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
Gonna have to hard disagree as well there Senna, although disagree isn’t really the right word. If it wasn’t obvious by my previous post, I think the numbers surrounding these changes are in a pretty good spot. They certainly could stand to be balanced out a bit (even though that’s very difficult with this kind of system) as these changes are large and new. Unfortunately, the calls for some kind of revert are nothing to do with the numbers in most cases.

Ultimately, I think the new system is just annoying and unfun, regardless of balance between hit and evade. That’s why it should be reverted, just the new ‘everything can be dodged’ system at least. Everyone has to dump everything into this numbers game of hit and evasion. It’s frustrating and disappointing for the loser after putting everything into it and not being able to hit/evade. On top of that, autohitters are now incredibly boring due to being shoehorned into using a very small amount of their toolkit. Again, balance wise, obviously dont’t want everything ignoring evasion right? Gameplay wise though, boring as hell and killed my favourite class for me.

Tl;dr - the numbers balance between hit and evasion are irrelevant, it’s the system they play into that’s the issue. No amount of balancing can fix it not being fun for the loser and often the winner as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Lewdcifer, Miller

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by sadbot - 09-01-2021, 07:40 AM