Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
Personally, I feel that we should try and make adjustments with the current system rather than immediately run towards the "revert everything" option, even if Dev said that was still going to be an option.

Making it so Glancing Blows only rolls for a second check if the first attack misses sounds okay to me. As it is now, Glancing Blows is just global Cobra but with 60% DR instead of full dodge. So if attack 1 hits = you do full damage.

But at the same time, if we do that, then something has to be done with how easy it is to stack hitrate versus dodge, otherwise we'll just have the same exact situation we have now where dodge is so good that it's the weakest defensive option since everyone will just stack hitrate to the sky, or debuff evasion to nothing.

Blind also needs a Status Immunity, similar to Frozen, Immobilize, Knockdown, etc. It's oppressive enough in this new system that TANKS with zero evasion are using it to stack 60% glancing blows DR on top of their 40-50% from def/res alone. If it were up to me, I'd also remove blind from Forgrint's Fallenharn, since in my opinion wielding a weapon that grants you +5 skill slots (with the right talents), that counts as a tome, and can turn into a spear (meaning can be used easily with certain class combinations) shouldn't also have an easy access 3m AoE blind. Yes, it now has to go through glancing blows and get a clean hit to inflict but look back at the first point: making it easier to get clean hits on people. Shine sword and shine knighting, while also oppressive, is a str/fai scaling sword that can't be used as a casting tool for anything, that requires you to spend 6m to invoke, opening you up to attack. Plus, it counts as a buff, so it can be dispelled by multiple things.

TL;DR blind and glancing blows need to be looked at, and I think tweaking them rather than outright reverting everything is the way to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like RedtailPinny's post:
  • Senna, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by RedtailPinny - 09-04-2021, 08:15 PM