Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
(09-05-2021, 02:59 AM)Snake Wrote: It wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular but the ones who'd inevitably feel offended to be asked to 'hit the brakes a sec' for wilding with their opinions. Not once I said the OP is wrong. What I find wrong is wanting to go back and 'period' just because they lost their cheesy dodgetank autohit builds, fallenharn 'rookies' or broken mage builds (which are still broken, thanks to things that are not being addressed because people wanna 'go back') at the flick of an index.

I'm not sure how you miss the irony of dismissing everyone who wants to revert as wanting their 'cheesy dodgetank autohit builds' back while simultaneously pointing out that these builds are still strong, when you're suggesting that they want reversion because they're not strong anymore.

My verglas is a prime example. I had to change almost nothing except my weapon after the changes, and the build remains as strong as it was before the update due to a strong evasion ignore toolkit. I've done a fair amount of pvp since the rework, and have lost only one fight because I got caught by surprise and rushed down. Despite all of that, I have absolutely no desire to pvp and have had my love for verglas killed after testing the rework for myself as the class is now condensed into two attacks and has lost all flexibility and variety. Say what you want about evasion ignore and how this just means that needs changing, but myself and others have already voiced concerns with the alternative of hit and evade and how it's difficult to properly balance and how it wouldn't be enjoyable even if it was perfectly balanced.

I think it's unfair to make out like everyone suggesting reversion is just not liking what they see and making a knee jerk reaction instead of trying to work with the new system. It's clear from the various opinions and suggestions in this thread that they have taken a lot of time to analyze and test the system. I think it's fair to say that most people want most other relevant changes besides the evasion rework kept if things were reverted. Those of us suggesting a reversion to the old system just see the new system for what it is and what it could be, and think that the gameplay is objectively unfun either way.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Illumi, WaifuApple

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by sadbot - 09-05-2021, 07:11 AM