Poll: Are you satisfied with the current state of the event staff?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.14%
16 57.14%
No
42.86%
12 42.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Current State Of The Event Staff
Question 
So I feel like there's been more than enough time given for the recent set of eventmins to get settled in and at the moment personally, it doesn't feel like they are really helping much. I'll outline what I've personally witnessed/noticed below and welcome anyone else to give their inputs. I'd rather not throw shade at the eventmins despite my desire to do so. This thread isn't for well-attracting salt and I deeply apologize to the GM's if it does so but this has been bugging the hell out of me for a good few months. I'm aware people will either light a fire under my ass or just flat out ignore this but at this point I don't really care if they do.

Lack of Public Events from the eventmins

As it stands right now, public events run by eventmins are completely lacking in terms of being a thing. So far from what I've seen only one eventmin seems to be even bothering with these types of things and in my opinion, it's unfair that they are the only one that seems to be carrying that weight on their shoulders. Yes, I am very aware that the event mins have lives outside of the game and I'm not disregarding that in the slightest before anyone jumps on my case. All the rest of the eventmins seem to be keeping to privately run events which is fair but still, they shouldn't be giving the impression of only one event min is tailoring to the community when they should all be doing so. The extreme shortage of public events is ridiculous.

Event Staff Activity
Where do I even begin with this...the activity of an event min is awful. As mentioned above only one seems to be doing anything but the thing is that there is event staff on the team that have done nothing of their own in public and it begs the question of why they are even and eventmin to begin with? It feels like a complete waste of resources to just be doing nothing with it. I will admit yes that they may have been helping the other eventmins but it doesn't feel like it's enough in the slightest. Right now it's giving off the feeling that the event staff are only doing events for those that are in their friend groups or guilds they are part of. I won't name names but there are a few event staff that give this feeling by a long shot whether it's intentional or not.

I'll reiterate that yes I know event staff have lives outside of the game but it's disappointing to see people requesting events in the event request channel in the discord and either A) being ignored or B) Having to wait a lengthy amount of time before being spoken to by one, It's disheartening and completely off-putting to approach an eventmin out of the sheer fear of being ignored or getting nowhere at all.

At this current time this is all I have to express and others are more than welcome to chip in where they want but I'm begging people not to turn this into a salt fest. I'm taking a huge risk putting this thread up hoping that I'm not the only one that feels this way.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Aqua's post:
  • Mewni, The Alpha Bat, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
The Current State Of The Event Staff - by Aqua - 09-30-2021, 01:38 PM