Poll: Are you satisfied with the current state of the event staff?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.14%
16 57.14%
No
42.86%
12 42.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Current State Of The Event Staff
Let's not use this post - even jokingly - to try and start a campaign to get ourselves eventmin. Taking it less than seriously or trying to piggyback off these topics for self-gain just seems to be in bad taste, really.

Now, I understand how daunting it is to run public events as an eventmin - but to some degree, eventmins signed up to run their own plotlines for the community. Applications were either denied or set aside under the pretense that Dev wanted eventmins that could provide stories of their own, first and foremost. Solely doing events provided by others, in that sense... it's not the most ideal trait.

To make the world feel alive you don't need a massive, well thought out story arc - something simple as a monster attack, in my experience, was enough to fill a niche. It wasn't for everyone, but it gave a public event that didn't require a MASSIVE amount of planning.

And of course, I want to make note of - without name dropping - the eventmins who, intimidated or uncomfortable running events at the same time as one, singular world focused event (At the time, the Black Falcons) because they felt there was no space for them, couldn't muster the energy to create events. That itself is a mindset that sort of gets in the way of potential.

More can be done, not just by players. Getting past worries like that for the sake of the role, not trying to set the bar too high for what people are expecting at a "public event". They're not all expecting a hypermassive story arc. Just something to draw them in, let them talk about it for a while.

That, at least - the bare minimum, isn't exactly as hard as it's being made out to be. Maybe some eventmins are just setting their sights too high, and letting advanced planning daunt them instead of sometimes just taking a concept and going with the flow for a night.

That's what I think. And I felt, even as an eventmin, with the access to things others couldn't see, it was always a little too quiet.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 2 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Illumi, The Alpha Bat

Messages In This Thread
The Current State Of The Event Staff - by Aqua - 09-30-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: The Current State Of The Event Staff - by WaifuApple - 09-30-2021, 09:31 PM