Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defeat the Summoner User to defeat the Summons
I think the HP penalty would be a great idea. I've always thought that summoners (And some engineers too) are just insane in 1v1, and have just been slept on due to being pretty balanced in team fights. On the other hand, I've always thought that making their youkai just go down with them would make them kind of weak and make rushing down the summoner very exploitable for aggressive builds. A heavy youkai HP penalty when the summoner goes down seems like a really solid idea to tone them down a little and give them more of a reliable answer than just the fairly rare and underused youkai hate skills and equipment.

I don't think the other two options really compare. Many summoners can have a ridiculous amount of fp to the point that they just wouldn't care about an upkeep cost penalty, and it also just kind of encourages you to abuse youkai's lacking move and just kite them until they poof after beating the summoner if you're in a tough spot rather than finishing the fight with an advantage due to their HP loss. On top of that, I always find that the way things tend to play out is that you either beat all the youkai and then get easily finished off by the summoner, or vice versa. A large HP penalty to youkai on summoner KO has an immediate impact for the player that succeeded in taking them down and gives them a chance to finish off the youkai, whereas an increased upkeep cost changes absolutely nothing unless the summoner is already only one or two increased upkeep ticks away from running dry anyways, which I can safely say is pretty much never the case.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • K Peculier, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defeat the Summoner User to defeat the Summons - by sadbot - 01-10-2022, 09:36 PM