Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Vampire's Rework issues
(01-21-2022, 09:25 PM)Snake Wrote: So what, in the end? What do you want out of that argument? I can't understand the reason behind those rebuttals, friend.

Their crippling Healing reduction, Holy weakness and Buff-loss-on-Banquet should stay as is, and they get no compensation for it? It's as if you're not reading beyond what you wanna reap out of my lines as 'factually wrong' instead of building over my ideas. Rood.

Not at all what I said, but if you want to just try to casually strawman out something like that then that's fine. Also pretty rude.

They're currently a race with various unique mechanics and benefits with some large drawbacks, but those drawbacks are mitigatable or actual non-issues if you actually consider what options it opens up. Considering using spirits is still a large part of the meta despite the use of holy weapons, their holy weakness is just an invitation to double dip in that and take some spirits on top for no actual net racial negative. I don't fully believe that that weakness is actually something you can't already build around just by going all in on it with a build meant to punish someone for wasting 3 momentum in the middle of a fight to switch weapons.

How do they get around their masquerade? What mechanical things do they need to do that? They could just not fight in front of people. Doing that would be so unfathomably stupid for someone who wants to keep themselves and their powers hidden. Or they could just start accusing random other people of being vampires if it's actually something that loses people all of their friends and a careless rumor can do that to someone. Once everyone's accused of being a vampire, the accusations mean nothing. Except like I said before, that's not the actual game we're playing and nobody actually cares unless that character is going around biting people illegally outside of duels.

They could use some buffs. Their light weakness needs to be the same as other races if it's not already currently. Their holy weakness needs to be the same as 40% of the playerbase that willingly takes a holy weapon weakness to get impressive bonuses to their DPS for PvE and PvP both (which I think they already are. Do they get double penalized for taking spirits now or something?). Banquet can be made to autohit charmed/immobilized people or something. Cursed blood can give -5% max HP or something. Sanguine Crest sucks but so do most racials people get that aren't their main focus gimmick and SC just seems to be a placeholder buff to trigger other abilities that they tacked a stat bonus onto to make it just a bit more special. Their healing negative can stay because even these minor changes make them already pretty powerful considering the amount of unique possibilities it opens up. They don't need anything huge, and they don't need people waxing poetic about how they need to be the sexier sequel to Dullahans.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
Vampire's Rework issues - by Snake - 01-17-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by Poruku - 01-17-2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by adamkad1 - 01-17-2022, 09:35 PM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by Kazzy - 01-18-2022, 02:28 AM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by Tana - 01-18-2022, 04:31 AM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by FaeLenx - 01-19-2022, 04:22 AM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by Tana - 01-19-2022, 07:11 AM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by FaeLenx - 01-19-2022, 07:56 AM
RE: Vampire's Rework issues - by Autumn - 01-20-2022, 12:05 AM