Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making a Case for a Ranger Rework
Here's my few cents on what I personally find bad or underwhelming and deserves a small tone up.

Agile Protection
> 'Just' critical evade? It doesn't come into play 9/10 of the time since you want to DODGE things anyway. Besides, Light Armor has a horrible Evade rate when compared to Unarmored Torso, so it'd be best to compensate that drawback with a very minor buff.

>> New Effect: Let it allow Light Armor to give you a way to disengage from melee range, and increase Base Evade by 8. (The difference between a maxed out Light Armor and Unarmored Torso is 10 Evade, so reducing that gap to 3 will make Light Armor viable for dodging while being a Ranger.)
Quote:Agile Protection

When using Light Armor, increase your base Evade by 7 and Critical Evade, based on Rank.

Additionally, there is a (Rank + Scaled SKI)% chance you will teleport three tiles away from your attacker in a random direction, upon taking damage or evading.

Beast Hunter
> This is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things you barely see any difference when fighting Beasts, Avian or Kaelensian, so a small tone up could give this more purpose, and a proper position as a 'main class only'.

>> New Effect: Changed the bonuses from 10% to 25%.
Quote:Beast Hunter

Trained in hunting animals, among other things. For Beast and Avian race enemies: +25% Damage Dealt, -25% Damage Taken. Also half effective versus Kaelensia.

Annorum
> Oh boy... Charge Shot. Or was it Overcharge given the lengthy cooldown? This begs to differ and needs to be more unique, I say. At least from its pew-pew-shoot-shoot counterpart. So here's an idea, which could also help a bit on a Ranger's FP management because being unable to do anything because your class is too expensive is not very fun.

>> New Effect: Momentum Cost reduced from 3M to 1M. While Annorum is active, your basic attacks will recover FP equal to (8 + 2 per Ranger spells you have equipped).
Quote:Annorum

A magic sigil that is inscribed on an arrow, filling it with enhanced power. Enhances the next Arcane-class Ranger skill that is used within 3 rounds. Refer to the individual skill descriptions for the bonus effect(s).

While Annorum is active, and upon hitting an enemy with a basic attack, you will recover FP equal to 8 (+2 per Ranger spells equipped).

For now, I think those three are my biggest grips. Also I think Twin Arrow should just be changed to

'Target up to two enemies in range (or twice a single enemy) and performs a basic hit with a penalty to Critical, but bonus to Critical Damage. If both attacks critically hit, the momentum used is refunded and this skill is put on a 2 round cooldown.'

Or something like that.

Better than two boring projectiles that don't do anything special.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by sadbot - 07-11-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by Kazzy - 07-12-2022, 01:38 AM
RE: Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by sadbot - 07-12-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by Snake - 07-13-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by Snake - 07-15-2022, 11:25 PM
RE: Making a Case for a Ranger Rework - by sadbot - 07-20-2022, 08:12 AM