Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Poison] Poison = Strong
Poison isn't so much the problem as moves that inflict poison while doing damage are, as the damage of poison is slow and not remotely as much damage as some other setups are pushing in more effective ways at equal amounts of range and frustration typically. Hexer's Menov's Fang is a very strong option for poison builds to have but is not very efficient unless you were already in range to do so, as its range is very short you can open yourself up to your opponent's strong options very often enough. (Same issue that Winter's Bite always faced)

Is poison's average damage of 270 damage over 3 turns really as strong as someone hitting you over and over? Not even to mention that level 30 poison isn't all too common sometimes either. The real value of Poison is its consistency, and that is its strength. However adding 270 damage onto something such as Wretched Oil's boatload of scaling or Phase Fang's basic attack with a flat damage mod? That's when poison starts to see its value sky rocket, and I believe those are what need to be targetted more so (Snake Shot as an example has less poison for having up front damage)

I disagree, the status already has so much working against it, having to go through 2 separate RNG checks (Status infliction and evade) in order to be applied. Wretched Oil is a little less burdened by this as only 1 hit needs to go through to work. This status is much less of a bother than most people think it is in my opinion, and its just bias working against it. Its allowed to be a bit strong, especially given its already been nerfed before.

Messages In This Thread
[Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 08:01 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Lolzytripd - 07-19-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Autumn - 07-19-2022, 08:55 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 05:43 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Tana - 07-19-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Kameron8 - 07-20-2022, 01:24 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-20-2022, 02:52 AM