Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Poison] Poison = Strong
(07-20-2022, 01:24 AM)Kameron8 Wrote: I feel as though the enormous amount of text and graphs have made it ironically more difficult to follow your reasoning, and that's coming from someone who's a fan of equations.  Between how much damage a proper melee build (crit or otherwise) can actually produce, the fact that you seemingly account for poison damage the turn it was first applied, and how much FP it would cost to sit still and spam Wretched Oil (100 FP a turn, pre-reductions), it feels as though pretty much all of the data presented means next to nothing.

That said, I do feel like there is a very simple point to make that I agree with.  Attacks that scale roughly as well as everything else, but apply free poison, are extremely efficient -- overly so, even. 

I'm not so sure I agree with your assessment of how back-breaking the status itself is, though.  In fact, I would wager that it's unlikely the outcome of a fight would be determined by Poison's damage, in almost all cases besides two tanks bashing against each other.
the only way for me to ever appease these very specific parameters would be for me to either make an entire program that runs an actual simulation of sl2 combat, essentially replicating the combat itself, or for me to get on the test server. If I ever get approved to be on it, I can do a test with every single thing accounted for to show the extreme, the average, the not average etc. 
I can't possibly counter all of these very specific things, because as I already said, I'm showing numbers and data in a hypothetical where things are assumed. If you want to account for everything then you can and show me so I can go: hm yeah, then I was wrong, but the more I tac on things the more things seem to keep needing to be added in order for this example or the numbers to work.
my entire point is that 10% max HP dmg, w/ a cap of Poison Lv * 3 can be adjusted to Poison Lv * 0.02% max HP (or any % number you feel, this can make 40 poison be 10%, 20%, 15%, etc) for the later is capable of being tuned if needed.
the next point is that you shouldn't be able to rapidly inflict poison on somebody if they just cleansed or reduced it outside of special cases.
the point that 10% max hp is strong to have as an added bonus to whatever you might do in a turn is something I think is strong. idk if making the text end of turn 1 would mitigate this focus on the assumed poison working at turn start, but at the end of the day you are dealing an extra 70-90 damage to somebody per turn with something that's not as easy to reduce as say melee or other elements. and to top it off you can't really get rid of it, regardless if they are hexer or not, any class can reapply it if you cleanse it

as I said 3 times the numbers are in a vacuum with w/e data I had on hand when I asked. I'm not going to make a replication of dev's combat system in order to make a perfect system that replicates it 1:1 to show exactly in a very specific scenario this will work. from what I can see poison can do a lot of dmg, but I'm more caring about it never being able to be removed. and the only reason I made the first graph was to show that an extra 10% maxHP*round ends damage was pretty damn nice in general
#nerf summoner
#nerf poison

Messages In This Thread
[Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 08:01 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Lolzytripd - 07-19-2022, 08:04 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Autumn - 07-19-2022, 08:55 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 05:43 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Tana - 07-19-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-19-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by Kameron8 - 07-20-2022, 01:24 AM
RE: [Poison] Poison = Strong - by BoberJones - 07-20-2022, 02:52 AM